Firefox Product Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel
NOTE: See Platform#Meeting_Notes for development meeting notes
Firefox 3.0.x Releases
- QA has builds and is testing
- on track for shipping in early June
- might change release date by a day or two to accommodate mirrors
- aiming for mid-July release
- 3.5 forum threads: [[Support/Firefox3.5:Forumthreads#May_10_-May_16.2833_threads.29|May 10–May 16, 33 threads]]
- Nothing new to report. Top issue is still sqlite issues. No new issues.
Firefox 3.5/Gecko 1.9.1 Development Update
Firefox.next/Gecko 1.9.2 Planning
- there's a variety of planning documents and discussions; some of these may be altered due to the outcome of the work week!
- see also the plan for a team to investigate separating content processes recently posted by bsmedberg
Upcoming l10n changes
- geolocation UI strings (3-4 changes)
- site-specific search bug 482229 (is this l10n?)
- video a11y changes
bug 490287, bug 489549are done
- video keyboard access bug bug 486899
- Status is:
- xx are fully localized
- xx missing 6 strings (so, geolocation changes)
- x missing 146 strings (post b3 changes)
- Fx3.5 RC1 Testplan being finalized. ETA code freeze is 5/21, with a target of 7-10 days of testing
- Video performance and Controls, Geolocation, Session Restore, Tabbed Browsing, Drag and drop functionality, Clear history/ private browsing/ forget this site, topsites layout and performance, windows 7 adhoc testing. Please suggest any other broad regression areas here.
- bug 483058 - Fx3.0->3.5 Major Update dialog testing across all platforms and 3.5 locales (juanb, abillings)
- Bug Verifications last week
- Upcoming Testdays
- QA Meetup Results
- The reftest demo (done by Clint Talbert) drew about a dozen folks into the office, some returnees from last event. See the full writeup in the link.
- Website Compatibility Testing Project
- We are always looking for volunteers to test their banking institution (especially internationally) Please register and contribute your results.
- Chofmann brought to my attention that webmail sites may need some extra testing. There's been reports of crashing on hotmail and yahoo mail
- FF3.0.11 went from "go" to handoff of all builds to QA in one (long) day yesterday.
- includes doing partner builds automatically too! :-)
- spike in load; 2.5 times jobs incoming yesterday vs previous days.
- Huge AMO redesign coming first week of June
- Add-ons meetup on 5/26
- Will be broadcast on air.mozilla
- Over 40 RSVP's from add-on developers
- List of sessions
- Extend Firefox 3.5 contest starts on 6/15
- Compat still around 60% for 3.5.*, 83% compatible with some version of 3.5.
- Documentation continues to go through final revisions; down to about 5 dev-doc-needed items that apply to Firefox 3.5.
- 35 Days - Going to do a schedule this week: Evangelism/Firefox3.5/35Days
- Upgrade the web stuff
- WP developer - contract in place and signed, have a meeting tomorrow
- MT developer - still going, early, might not make it
- Wordpress 2.8 - http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7262#comment:36
- Still looks like an issue on their end, but still want to help
- Perf numbers
- Generally do much better or the same in the uncached case with 1.9.1
- Lots of changes in cached behavior - some faster and some slower
- No consistent story
- bottom line is that most pages are finished..."Under the Hood" is the big lagger right now (but is moving along).
- have started a weekly meeting with WebDev, QA & IT to check in on status and make sure everything is on track.
- Fastest Firefox
- still sorting through technical details on the upload page, but getting very close
- l10n at risk
- goal is to have everything finished and ready for launch by EOW
- 1st draft of thank you video is ready, final will be available on May 22
- What's new in 3.5 is in production, available on May 22
- Community engagement
- Campus Reps workshop for Firefox 3.5 launch complete. Slides: http://www.slideshare.net/jaypatel/firefox-35-launch-workshop-campus-reps
- Video workshop complete. Slides: http://www.slideshare.net/afranq/video-workshop-may20
- Search engine marketing
- 3.5 specific campaign updates on track for launch (new copy, keywords, geos)
- Press tour - scheduling meetings
- Reviewer's guide content complete.
- Drafting press release
- Drafting public FAQ
- let us know what you think of these meetings in an anonymous survey!