Firefox Product Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel
NOTE: See Platform#Meeting_Notes for development meeting notes
Firefox 3.0.x Releases
- shipped last week
- one issue with Java (see below)
- probably pushing out a week to get more fixes in
- targeting mid-late July release
- Support issues:
- Flash on OSX is causing lots of crashes (might not be 3.0.11 specific):  Top three are all Flash crashes (probably the same one)
- Some users saying that Firefox is really slow and nonresponsive after updating to 3.0.11, currently suspect either AVG Safe Search extension or Ebay's Browser Highlighter extension.
- Hanging on certain Java pages: bug 498132
- Cookies not remembered/saved on many sites (webmail in particular) after 3.0.11. Needs to clear cookies to get it working.
- Support Firefox Day is next Thursday
- Help us with support during 3.5 launch (please!)
Firefox 3.5/Gecko 1.9.1 Development Update
- see yesterday's platform meeting notes as well
- QA and Firefox teams actively testing
- released an update to our beta channel users bringing them to rc1build2
- finishing rc2build2 now, will update beta channel again soon
- targeting release / post to website for download on Friday
- see the Mozilla Developer News blog for more details
Firefox.next/Gecko 1.9.2 Planning
- TSnap bugs which aim to make Firefox observably faster
- polish bugs and exploratory sprints
- reminder to review and add your comments/feedback on the discussion page or in the dev-apps-firefox thread
Firefox 3.6 alpha 1
- Aiming for four weeks after 3.5 ships
- One update to l10n in RC, bustage fix for mk
- Update to webpages coming along, stas and pascal determine tomorrow which new locales stay in beta on RC, update locale and product details accordingly
- Moco Testday
- Organizers: Aakash, Tony
- Results Summary:
- Had a max of 64 in the testday channel at its peak
- Major contributors outside mozQA: Labs team! (jono, myk, Mardak), mak, kbrosnan, tmyoung, asadotzler, ozten, Lucas, TheUni, limi, zpao, dao, dria, mitchell, dveditz,
- Special thanks to tmyoung and jono for finding 4 more Labs bugs on the day
- Upcoming Testday: Web Site Testing this Friday (6/19)
- Fx3.5rc1 Testing
- 24 Bugs] (Thanks fx-team)
- Fx3.5rc2 Testing
- On-going. Smoketest and spot checks. Full functional tests are being done in parallel.
- FF3.0.11: did partner repacks and also xulrunner as part of release automation :-)
- TB220.127.116.11: had problem with checksums on updates, caused a delay with beta last Fri/Mon.
- FF3.5rcN: we're keeping up! :-)
- still on track to offer manual major update on FF3.5 release day
- Compatibility at 80%, next 15% will take extra work but we will try
- Extend Firefox Contest Launched
- 35 days is up and running
- Nothing else other than that
- wrapping up press section of Mozilla.com, logo updates and videos on mozilla.com this week. Will do the screenshots after RC1.
- finishing production on: long version of thank you video and "why are you excited about 3.5"
- Bay Area press meetings continue today, tomorrow. Heading to Seattle on Friday.
- Press release, FAQ, Reviewers Guide localization underway.