- High Priority Work
- This bug was filed yesterday. What do you people think?
- Test output for failing tests is useless, see bug 896811
- Can we land a menuitem module? see bug 899434
- Where is the MVP JEP? Why are we using this?
- needinfo Erik if you needinfo on a bug..
- Erik would like a module for creating menuitems and toolbarbuttons that can go anywhere.
- Used for Sidebars
- Menuitem in View -> Sidebars
- Used for Toolbars
- Menuitem in View -> Toolbars
- Close button on right side
- Used for Sidebars
- What happened to Awesomeness?
- Can we create a Jetpack Blog? or Planet Jetpack?
- [Will] Is Places a high level API in Firefox 25/Aurora?
- [Will] Will Sidebar and other UX work be in next week's Aurora?
- [ZER0] Landing australis branch in master
- (Wes) - Firefox is starting to use content processes for thumbnailing of pages: https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/firefox-dev/2013-July/000662.html
- Sounds like e10s is progressing. Unsure what exactly it means for us, but thought I'd mention it, at least.
|Awesome Date||Awesome Person - Awesome thing|
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
High Priority Work
Buttons: met with Stephen Horlander about variable-wdth buttons in the navbar (non-square buttons). Waiting for his response. Can we add fixed-width buttons now, and not block on this? Yes.
Toolbar: still progressing, Erik's discussing with UX team. Need to add a close button (toolbar button) so would like a low-level toolbar button module.
On hold while fixing failing tests.
Patch coming up for this.
All tests are passing! Some tests are skipping because we don't support the feature on Fennec (e.g. pinning). Next step: wiring it up to our CI. Mossop: still figuring out with RelEng how we can automate Fennec tests: they're not keen on using adb for it.
Mike wrote a JEP and is working on this.
- This bug was filed yesterday: close it WORKSFORME.
- Test output for failing tests is useless, see bug 896811: console bug, assign it to DCamp.
- Can we land a menuitem module? see bug 899434: sidebars and toolbars both need menuitems, and people want them in main menu too. Erik: write an API proposal, and talk to UX about where add-on menu items should go.
- Where is the MVP JEP? Why are we using this? Let's schedule a separate meeting.
- needinfo Erik if you needinfo on a bug: this is true for everyone. Use needinfo if you need info. Also: bugmotodo.org
- What happened to Awesomeness? Let's reboot: Mike, Erik, Matteo to go first. Also, Erik and Jordan have been blogging we just stopped tracking it.
- Can we create a Jetpack Blog? or Planet Jetpack? There was one but we killed it. You can use the add-ons blog, is that good enough? Erik: it might be motivational. But would be hard to get an audience, while people already read the add-on blog. Starting an 'official' Planet Jetpack is probably a nonstarter.
- (Wes) - Firefox is starting to use content processes for thumbnailing of pages: https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/firefox-dev/2013-July/000662.html: sounds like e10s is progressing. Unsure what exactly it means for us, but thought I'd mention it, at least. We may have to start paying attention to this in the next quarter.
- [ZER0] Landing australis branch in master: should we wait for Australis to land in Nightly? Right now the only stuff in Australis branch is new stuff, all the common stuff is in master. We should hold off on this until we have a better idea of when it will land.