L10n:Planning/2017-04-11

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

NOTOC

« previous meetingindexnext week » create?

Joint Meeting Details

  • Time and location: Tuesday, 9:00 AM PST, Localization Vidyo room
  • irc.mozilla.org #l10n-drivers for back-channel

Joint Meeting Notes

  • Attendees:
  • Put your talking points here.
  • Dawn timeline

PM Meeting Details

  • Time and location: Tuesday, 9:45 AM PST, Localization Vidyo room
  • irc.mozilla.org #l10n-drivers for back-channel

PM Meeting Notes

  • Attendees:
  • Put your talking points here.

Tech Meeting Details

  • Time and location: Tuesday, 9:45 AM PST, Axel's Vidyo room
  • irc.mozilla.org #l10n-drivers for back-channel

Tech Meeting Notes

  • Attendees:
  • Put your talking points here.

Previous Action Items

L10n:Planning/2017-03-28

Action Items

carry-overs


Roundtable

CocoMo

Goals for this week:

Struggles last week:

Achievements last week:

  • Taipei Workshop Planning (visa, team goals, agenda)
  • Mozilla.org: bug 1345338 (WIP)
  • Firefox l10n marketing launch kit: first draft - WIP

delphine

Goals for this week:

  • Send out tshirts to all participants of Barcelona hackathon
  • Send swag for an event in Paraguay
  • Update documentation for Dawn
  • Contact locales with errors on webdashboards (again)
  • Communicate changes about mobile sign-offs (all except Firefox for Android)
  • Change in Focus for ANdroid release: figure out what that means for l10n at this point...
  • Continue Paris hackathon organization
  • What's New Beta 54 Android

Struggles last week:

  • Catching-up with emails post-Barcelona (finally done! But took an entire week)

Achievements last week:

  • Start writing out final doc for quarter (achieved in Barcelona, but didn't put here since no meetings since then)
  • Clean-up pending bug list (achieved in Barcelona, but didn't put here since no meetings since then)
  • Added bg and kab to maemo-locales
  • Paris Hackathon planning - restaurants, catering, Marcia common workshop and talks
  • Q2 Goals
  • Shared RTL priority bug list for FIrefox for iOS with mobile team
  • Caught up with most urgent emails that piled up during Barcelona/travels
  • Told Monica we are going to drop pbb and tsz locales from Fennec at the end of the week if stil no answer

flod

Goals for this week:

  • Sent communication to dev-l10n about Dawn
  • Send approval request for Dawn snippet
  • Added Burmese (my) to Firefox shipped-locales
  • Start drafting email to Community member

Struggles last week:

Achievements last week:

  • Optimized images on searchplugins for Fennec (gaining about 160 kB), other small patches
  • Content review for MoFo and mozilla.org
  • [dawn] Set up builds for Fennec, Firefox, Thunderbird on Nightly
  • [dawn] Set up and populate missing l10n-central repositories
  • Cleaned up obsolete appstores files, enabled more locales on Google Play
  • [dawn] Added new Nightly locales to Ship It to get downloads on mozilla.org
  • [dawn] Updated list of shipping locales across tools (mozilla-l10n-query, p12n-extract)
  • [dawn] Worked on communication plan draft (FAQ, email, snippet)

gandalf

Goals for this week:

  • Finish with the regressions

Struggles last week:

  • Android L10n regressions
  • DateTime format cross-locale regressions

Achievements last week:

  • First part of the blog post series

gueroJeff

Goals for this week:

  • Blog post for Barcelona workshop
  • Refine ambiguous OKR definitions (e.g., quality system)
  • Re-create Firefox l10n report to be feature-centric, not version-centric.
  • Complete remining documentation tasks in GitHub.
  • [INPRO] Scope out localizer-facing documentation requirements.

Struggles last week:

Achievements last week:

  • [DONE] Complete gear order for l10n workshops
  • [DONE] Create Mana page on localization at Mozilla
  • [DONE] Announce bi-weekly l10n call to community
  • [DONE] Format weekly slide deck around OKRs for Q2
  • [DONE] Create Q2 Gantt chart
  • [DONE] Close budget/reimbursements for Barcelona workshop
  • [DONE] Get team goals into workday
  • [DONE] Finalize all flight/hotel/visa processing tasks for Paris.
  • [DONE] Initiate contract process for ECMA work.
  • [DONE] Create Dawn messaging with flod & Delphine

mathjazz

Goals for this week:

  • Land manual notifications
  • Land search speedups (developed by jotes)
  • Review all GSoC proposals
  • [dawn] Set up Central projects - bug 1354005
  • [dawn] Create en-US repository for Central
  • Scope work for Pontoon contract
  • Assist in adding msgctx to Firefox Accounts

Struggles last week:

  • Blog about UCOSP

Achievements last week:

  • Landed automated notifications
  • Helped new Pontoon contributor (kostich) fix bug 1353135 (sr & mk cursive font)
  • Announced new dashboard features (contact & external resources)
  • Updated Pontoon wiki with roadmap and goals
  • Upgraded Django
  • Landed custom error pages feat. Tetris
  • Triage bugs

Pike

Goals for this week:

  • elmo release-migration view updated for dawn

Struggles last week:

  • pollen!

Achievements last week:

  • a lot of detail around dawn with flod
  • a lot of detail around merge day with flod
  • [x-channel] POC impl of initial content with tests
  • [x-channel] POC impl of sparse graph with tests
  • [x-channel] POC impl of unified content with tests

stas

Goals for this week:

  • add Localization to fluent
  • ReactLocalization in fluent-react
  • l20n.js using fluent 0.3
  • async react experiment

Struggles last week:

Achievements last week:

  • escape sequence proposal for ftl 0.3
  • merged pull request #22 in projectfluent/fluent.js: Introduce behavior and structure testing