- 1 Blackhole Integration
- 1.1 What problem are we trying to solve? (why are we doing this)
- 1.2 Who are we trying to solve this problem for? (target persona)
- 1.3 How do we measure success? (what is the outcome we are hoping for)
- 1.4 Who would I need to make this happen? What types of roles would people carry out?
- 1.5 How can I implement this idea in the smallest way to test my hypothesis?
Sponsored by William R.
What problem are we trying to solve? (why are we doing this)
- aggregate and make visible contributions & activities by Mozillians across a range of products and properties.
- increase/improve contributor recognition
Who are we trying to solve this problem for? (target persona)
- for the contributor: My Mozilla resume - allows someone to proudly show their contributions
- for the community of contributors/for community builders.
- for efficiency
- (Related idea: better integration of Dev Profiles and Mozillians - Havi)
How do we measure success? (what is the outcome we are hoping for)
- increase in contribution activity on MDN post-Blackhole
- measure activity w/implementation of Blackhole as baseline, and follow up measurement after x amt of time.
- Do Mozillians feel they are better recognized for their contributions? Could survey people to answer this.
- Give community builders more insight into contributions being made and their meta data
Who would I need to make this happen? What types of roles would people carry out?
- Needs developer
- Needs product manager to define & prioritize requirements
- Needs a program manager from the Blackhole team to provide guidance
How can I implement this idea in the smallest way to test my hypothesis?
- Smallest: When someone edits a doc, notify Blackhole
- In the future, show notifications for: creating a doc, translating a doc, publishing a Hacks blog post, StackOverflow, evangelism activities offline (talks, events etc)