Meeting Notes with Nvidia
Meet the team
- Mozilla (primary contacts bold)
- Marcia Knous (email@example.com) - QA Tegra Functional Test Lead
- Joel Maher (firstname.lastname@example.org) - QA Tegra Automation Lead
- Tony chung (email@example.com) - QA Execution
- Aakash Desai (firstname.lastname@example.org) - QA Execution
- Clint Talbert (email@example.com) - QA Tools
- Suyog Tajne (Stajne@nvidia.com) - Smartbook SQA Lead
- Sagar Kempe (firstname.lastname@example.org) - Performance Lab
- Gordon Grigor (email@example.com) - VP Engineering
- Introductions. (Nvidia in Pune, In., Mozilla in Mountain View, CA)
- Nvidia test approach
- currently focused on running device testing, and some browser tests
- Gets Firefox.CAB files from vlad when builds are ready
- browser testing focuses on 56 topsites from alexa.com
- Video streaming tests, with Flash and Quicktime plugins
- Some normal user functionality: uploading files, downloading, toolbar
- Comparing results side-by-side with Firefox desktop version
- How long to run browser tests? 3-4 days
- Keeping track of existing testcases in an excel spreadsheet. Internal
- Categorized into Audio, Video, Language, DB
- Tried to look at litmus, but couldnt figure out how the structure works. Needs some guidance from Mozilla QA
- Performance testing approach, current focus on browser startup and page loads. Done on daily basis.
- Test Farm runs many different devices, 24x7
- Mozilla test approach
- Currently focused on browser testing, everything firefox
- Testplan is being developed on the wiki (marcia)
- Testcases are created in litmus, captured in a Tegra testrun. Will have a smoketests and BFT testsuite for the testrun.
- Plans to get Talos performance and Unittest runs against the device in 3-4 weeks. Still trying to figure out how to get WinCE automation running on the devices.
- Working through list of open Tegra affected bugs in bugzilla. Link to open bugs here.
- Email is the best form of communication for now, given the 12.5 hour differential
- Next status meeting by phone in 2 weeks.
- Send list of in-house testcases and test results to mozilla (via email)
- Talk to Gordon on getting tools to Mozilla:
- Flash and Quicktime video plugins
- More Tegra Devices. Mozilla QA only has 1 breadboard right now. Can we get another? Also when will the netbook packaging be available?
- Create Tegra testrun in Litmus with updated testcases. Incorporate any feedback from Nvidia also. Send link out to Nvidia team with instructions to run.
- Working on getting Talos performance infrastructure running on WinCE. ETA 2-3 weeks (Work with Aki from RelEng)
- Working on getting Unitests running on WinCE. ETA 2-3 weeks (Work with Jmaher and Aki)