MozillaQualityAssurance:Home Page:Firefox 3.0 TestPlan:Fx3 QA Daily Smoketest
- 1 Tiger Team Testing Squad
- 2 Tiger Testing Procedure
- 3 Plans to include Leopard Testing and Debug Builds
- 4 Schedule
- 5 Major Bugs Discovered during smoketesting
- 5.1 Week of September 15
- 5.2 Week of July 14, 2008
- 5.3 Week of June 23, 2008
- 5.4 Week of April 28, 2008
- 5.5 Week of April 21, 2008
- 5.6 Week of April 7, 2008
- 5.7 Week of March 31, 2008
- 5.8 Week of February 25, 2008
- 5.9 Week of February 18, 2008
- 5.10 Week of January 25, 2008
- 5.11 Week of January 14, 2008
- 5.12 Week of January 7, 2008
- 5.13 Week of January 2, 2008
- 5.14 Week of December 3, 2007
- 5.15 Week of October 22, 2007
- 5.16 Week of October 15, 2007
- 5.17 Week of October 8, 2007
- 5.18 Week of October 1, 2007
- 5.19 Week of September 24, 2007
- 5.20 Week of September 17, 2007
- 5.21 Week of September 3, 2007
- 5.22 Week of August 20, 2007
- 5.23 Week of August 13, 2007
- 5.24 Week of August 6, 2007
- 5.25 Week of July 30, 2007
- 5.26 Week of July 23, 2007
- 5.27 Week of July 16, 2007
- 5.28 Week of July 9, 2007
- 5.29 Week of July 2, 2007
Tiger Team Testing Squad
al, marcia, tchung, tracy, stephend
Platform Teams for Daily Smoketesting of Firefox Trunk Builds
- Vista - Marcia/Tony/Hasham
- XP - Al/Tracy/Stephen
- PPC - Marcia/Stephen/Tracy
- Intel - Al/Marcia/
- Various Flavors - Tony//Tracy
Platforms are covered double so that we have :
- a.) the chance for double testing on different machines
- b.) 4 eyes looking at a test and not only 2
- c.) in case of vacation / illness/ other urgent tasks there is always a backup
- d.) one team member can run the smoketest, the other focus testing
- e). in times of a low checkin rate, one team member can regenerate or working *for a week on other goals.
As Example the XP Platform Team would be also flexible that one member can concentrate on other tasks or focus testing and the 3rd one can pause for a week.
- ST = Smoketest
- The tester will run the Litmus smoketest.
- Foc = Focused Testing
- The tester will run focused testing around any checkins that have occurred. This means reviewing Burning Edge or bonsai.mozilla.org to see what has been checked in. Don't spend more than 2-3 hours on this.
- Test Results can be found in Litmus by using Smoketest Results. That is a load in sidebar bookmarkable page.
Tiger Testing Procedure
- Refer to the schedule and perform smoketest or focused testing as noted for the platform(s) you're assigned to that week.
- Helpful links:
- Check what has landed on Mozilla Central by going here: Mozilla Central. Use the ellipis to expand the query if you want to see more of the checkins. If the bug has been fixed on the trunk, please mark it as "Verified Fixed" during your focused testing.
- Use Litmus for smoketests reporting.
- File bugs in bugzilla.
- http://www.squarefree.com/burningedge/ - Good to check this to see what has been checked in if you're assigned focused testing.
- Elevate Smoketest blocker bugs with the sheriff of the day.
- Smoketest blocker is any bug that completely breaks some critical area(s) of the browser; breakage that can not be worked around in anyway.
- Refer to the Sheriff Schedule to see who is on duty. Then notify them of the blocker bug, via irc or email, so they can do their Sheriff stuff.
- Remain accessible to help with QA of the issue.
Plans to include Leopard Testing and Debug Builds
- marcia will formulate a plan going forward to incorporate Leopard trunk testing into the Tiger Team testing schedule.
- Initial plan will be to build in a repertoire of testing Leopard on PPC and Intel Macs once every week.
- tomcat will formulate a plan going forward to incorporate debug build testing into the Tiger Team testing schedule.
|Win XP||Tomcat ST|
|Vista||stephend - Foc||tony - Foc||-||-|
|Intel Mac||-||-||al - ST||-|
|PPC Mac||marcia - Foc||-||marcia - Tiger ST||-||-|
|Linux||tomcat - ST||tracy - Foc||-|
|Win XP||tracy ST||
Major Bugs Discovered during smoketesting
Week of September 15
Week of July 14, 2008
Week of June 23, 2008
Filed by Al:
Week of April 28, 2008
Filed by Al:
Week of April 21, 2008
Week of April 7, 2008
Week of March 31, 2008
Week of February 25, 2008
Week of February 18, 2008
Week of January 25, 2008
Week of January 14, 2008
Week of January 7, 2008
Week of January 2, 2008
Week of December 3, 2007
Week of October 22, 2007
Week of October 15, 2007
Week of October 8, 2007
Week of October 1, 2007
Week of September 24, 2007
Week of September 17, 2007
Week of September 3, 2007
Week of August 20, 2007
Week of August 13, 2007
n/a - Mofo all-hands
Week of August 6, 2007
Week of July 30, 2007
Week of July 23, 2007
Week of July 16, 2007
Week of July 9, 2007
Week of July 2, 2007