Notices / Schedule
- 3.5.6: Everything in, but we found on regression we need to fix.
- 3.0.16: One patch to land and the same regression to fix.
- still on track for both releases
- no schedule for either release yet
- will start marking blockers this week and sending out emails to blocker owners
- tree should open in early December
Firefox 3.6 Beta
- beta user base is now over 300,000
- beta 3 refresh shipping later tonight
Firefox 3.6 Release Candidate
- tree was closed for a lot of this morning
- blocker counts haven't come down appreciably, though 1/4 of them are "crashkill"
- what does this mean for schedule?
- Release Blockers (flag: blocking1.9.2 or blocking-firefox3.6)
Browser / Front End
(Progress reports every weekend on Planet Firefox)
- see our active projects and get involved / propose others
- Namoroka/mozilla-1.9.2 front end development:
- 21 blockers left, 9 are crashkill
- bug 519438 and bug 496019 are confusing and annoying, will likely require a late compatibility-breaking fix
- bug 526194 is actually responsible for a bunch of the blockers which are dependencies of the main fix
- all blockers have patches in progress except for DLL blocklist and credits bugs
- should be done by Thursday
- 6 1.9.2 blockers
- Most are well-controlled and will be ready. But bug 518506 is scary, and its fix is scarier. Karl suggests that he could be ready by EOD Wednesday, but it's not a certain thing.
- Everyone is heads-down working on 1.9.2 or Electrolysis.
- Aero peek per-tab preview work is stopped, because Rob Arnold's development machine has died.
- Jeff is working on a scrolling performance pageset. If you have any pages that you know scroll slowly, please add them to bug 527728.
- 1.9.2 blockers
- 12 content blockers left
- 5 crashkill bugs
- 4 blockers waiting to land
- 3 blockers waiting for reviews
- 0 blockers w/o patches.
- Continuing to investigate cycle collector crashes (peterv)
- JPW work moving along (bnewman)
- HTML5 parsing off the main thread work starting to land (hsivonen)
Platform-specific Support Update
- Lots of work on crash kill bugs, with good progress.
- blockers: looks like we should be able to close out the blockers soon, but maybe not by tomorrow/freeze, but we shouldn't go over much. The below are TraceMonkey landing estimates; how those make it to M-C will be up to sayrer.
- bug 523846 expected 2009-11-17, Waldo says "easy peasy"
- bug 526173 expected 2009-11-18 luke's patch is waiting for review from Waldo, which Waldo expects to be done by end of 2009-11-17. Once landed, expecting our String.indexOf to be faster than webkit.
- bug 519719 expected 2009-11-18 jorendorff has patch, not sure about perf impact
- bug 505523 expected 2009-11-17 jorendorff has patch in bug, will land in tm today
- bug 524454 expected 2009-11-17 jorendorff says is is a dup of 505523
- bug 528116 expected 2009-11-18 igor
- jimb has 14 strict mode patches in final approach; tracking bug bug 482298
- Latest weekly update is here.
- Dirty-cold-Ts went live this week, thanks to Alice and Lukas. Example: cold startup with a large places.sqlite on Mac.
- Snapshot results for startup and all other tests are now live (thanks Catlee): http://graphs.mozilla.org/dashboard/snapshot/
- Joel is making progress on making a super-static Firefox in bug 525013. He's got a static XUL working, moving on to XPCOM next.
- Ben is making progress on the fastload replacement in bug 520309.
- Taras has patches up for service caching (bug 516085 and super-fast-path-ing of Components.* (bug 512584).
- More patches and data about Mac font-loading by Jonathan Kew and John Dagget in bug 519445.
- Ryan put up some details about when spellcheck is initialized, a couple of potential solutions in bug 496217.
- Ted landed rebasing on Windows in bug 484799.
- Drew’s work on getting rid of Change GetPersistentDescriptor/SetPersistentDescriptor on Mac, has landed in bug 506814.
- More details on the project page.
- Join us on IRC in #startup.
|Windows TSF integration (1.9.2)||unscheduled||Jim Chen, roc|
|DNS Prefetching||unscheduled||Patrick McManus||Jesse, bz, reed(?), ctalbert|
|New system metrics (and media queries)||unscheduled||?||dbaron|
- Everyone working on blockers for bug 523094
- today: IT upgraded stage to RHEL5 (long-delayed). Back up now, trees will re-open very soon.
- thursday AM EST: try server, to reclone the repo
- working on a solution to do this automatically bug 529179
- saturday all day: power outage rescheduled to Sat. Nov. 21st. Reminder that mobile coverage will be down, same plan as last time. Aki handling things on the RelEng side.
- talos for e10s
- new talos tests:
- dirty+cold startup tests
- measuring x resources during linux tp4 runs
- more n810s (40) and 30+ minis coming online