QA/Desktop Firefox/StaffMeetings/Desktop-QA-Staff-05-14-2013

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Desktop QA Meeting 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99779 (US/INTL) 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99779 (US) Vidyo Room: QA-Desktop Vidyo: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=RU7dVysDFakY Attendees

Marc
Jason
Juan
Tracy
Matt
Anthony

Announcements

Firefox 21 & 17.0.6esr released today
Firefox 22b1 going to build today, ship on Thursday
Firefox 23a2 updates temporarily disabled until signoff on Friday

Agenda

 Goals

https://intranet.mozilla.org/QA/Q22013_QAgoals#Desktop_QA_Goals
Update on progress
Action item: Anthony and Juan to start on documenting the release process
[ashughes] Drafted a timeline, working on task details next
[mwobensmith] This is my personal step-by-step guide for ESR. I'm sure it's not 100% accurate or complete. Use it for what it is: https://wiki.mozilla.org/User:Mwobensmith/ESR_process

Action item: Single point of entry page. 
Discuss ideas for what goes on it
Process Improvement
QAWanted: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/qawanted_proposal
Whats New in Firefox
Update on any new features heading our way.

Both current and future road maps presented last week for review: 

Current https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/document/d/1y4ks3_G343wFGZhUe16EDku2ug2WPetWw74rbQHfZd0/edit  and Future Plans https://etherpad.mozilla.org/FHR-Roadmap 

Are there any issues or surprises on the map that could cause us problems?

Security feature update (Matt)
Third party cookie changes - not new but FYI
https://blog.mozilla.org/privacy/2013/02/25/firefox-getting-smarter-about-third-party-cookies/
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=818340
http://webpolicy.org/2013/02/22/the-new-firefox-cookie-policy/

Knowledge sharing

   Jason to give presentation on WebRTC
Issues/Blockers 

Round Table

Team outings

Proposed Dave and Busters for after hours outing

Notes

FF 2013 Roadmap
Metro - Juan (Desktop QA)
PICL - James (Services QA)
Translation -
FHR - Anthony
Social API - Anthony
Australis - 
Stub Installer - Juan & Anthony
OS X Platform Integration - 
Reliability and Recovery - 
Performance and Responsiveness - 
Security/privacy - TBD

Action Items

Action item: Anthony and Juan to start on documenting the release process
Action item:  (team) Single point of entry page. 
Action item: New feature Push notifications (juan to investigate)
Action item: Marc to create wiki for archiving these notes.
Created https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Desktop_Firefox/StaffMeetings for archiving note
Added link off of https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Desktop_Firefox#Staff_Meetings
Marc - Meet with SV about feature ownership

New Action Items

Marc follow up with Edwin about PICL
Marc Invite Asa to meeting 
Marc Advise Clint about automation changes for Austrails  
Matt  Find security road map