QA/Desktop Firefox/StaffMeetings/Desktop-QA-Staff-09-03-2013

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Desktop QA Meeting 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99779 (US/INTL) 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99779 (US) Vidyo Room: QA-Desktop Time of the meeting: 2pm pdt most tuesdays Vidyo: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=RU7dVysDFakY Archive: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Desktop_Firefox/StaffMeetings#Meeting_Details Attendees

Announcements

PTO Matt 9/19-9/20

Agenda

  • Whats New in Firefox
      • Asa to give update
      • https://wiki.mozilla.org/User:Akeybl/Release_Tracking
      • Fx26 - Not yet landed but scheduled - Australis and Metro
      • Both likely to slip.
      • Australis may land but not be uplifted
      • Metro - Touch panning scrolling and zooming is the last major feature to be completed
      • Possible to do a 26 Preview shipped with release desktop version
      • Pushing to have this work included inthe desktop version as well for Fx27
      • New backend of all of our downloading
      • New "middle" for places (bookmarks, history, autocomplete in awesome bar..)
    vMake UI async from the backend processes (file IO and such)
      • Password manager updates: Help fill in passwords in places that we currently don't (added password fields added after rendering, causing password manager to not see it)
      • E10S - should start discussion with engineering to see preview of work in progress
      • Sync update - focus on stability improvements with new persona integration
      • Hope to be done this year..? Milestone 1 this year. but not released
      • Click to play for everything (all plugins) but flash is coming soon. - Hidden behind prefs
      • FHR - More reports to be available to the user - plans this year, implementation next.
      • Translation : Biggest requested feature
      • Social API - Adding "social marks" "thumbs up/share/liked" feature
      • AMO policy changes request - forbid installation of add ons through local installers. - Not a done deal.
      • Next year focus on customization and 3rd party integration
  • Knowledge sharing
      • Juan - Metro presentation in QA Staff
  • Issues/Blockers
  • Round Table
      • Metro - Test day - very quite.
      • Metro ship date still being debated
      • Lab space (new building) - Make sure we have VNC server access for remote operation
        • Investigate rack mounted hardware systems with removable drives

Notes Previous Action Items

New Action Items

  • Revisit HW requirements list for new QA lab.