QA/Firefox3.5/Video And Audio TestPlan
- Video and Audio Test Plan
- 1 Overview
- 2 Test Strategy
- 3 Discovered Bugs
- 4 Schedule Scoping
- 5 References
Video and audio HTML 5 suport has landed on trunk for the 3.1 release. It implements the WHATWG specification for these tags. So, far, only the ogg-theora codec support has landed. However, the tests below must be tested with each codec supported unless otherwise noted.
Likewise, everywhere that "video" is used, it is also assumed that audio will be tested for the same test, except in those cases where it doesn't make sense for this to occur.
I am breaking these into three basic blocks of testing:
- What must be done to ensure good coverage of the feature
- What should be done to test around the area of the feature and its interoperability with other HTML content
- What might be done in a wonderful perfect world i.e. less important stuff that might get timeboxed
- Test Legend
For Test Type, we use:
- L - Litmus
- G - Gristmill
- M - Mochitest
- R - Reftest
- ? - TBD
For Test Status, we use:
- ? - TBD (also indicates that this test idea might be complete foolishness - has not been sized yet at all)
- D - Done - test written and checked in. If possible, "D" will be a link to the test in MXR or Litmus
- I - In Progress - test written, but not checked in (awaiting review, for instance). The "I" should be a link to the bug where it is awaiting review.
- ' ' (blank) - Indicates that the test has not been written, but it was decided that this is a test we will be writing, i.e. it is not complete foolishness.
Things that Must be Done
|Test Idea||Test Type
Mime and Lower level concerns