This is a rollup of testing results that were performed on the Alpha 4 release by the Mozilla QA team and the QA community.
- We tested the RC2 build that was located in the ftp directory.
Cross Platform issues seen
- Text under icon in about dialog missing on all platforms
- Full smoketest on Intel Mac
- Talkback Build ID: 2007042705, Platform: Mac (Intel), Operating System: Mac OS 10.4.9
- Issues Noted during the course of testing:
- Unable to print any documents from build. juanb noted a crash during printing. I was attempting to print the versign page. I was later able to generate a 100% reproducible crash trying to print the espn.go.com home page. Added comments to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=374630.
- Unable to drag any icons to the toolbar, or drag any icons back to the customize toolbar dialog->https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=358446 is on file was this.
- In the about: dialog, only the Gran Paradiso icon shows. In previous build we always show the icon with text underneath it. This is a cross platform issue.
- During popup testing, when I closed a tab that was running the popuptests the set of popups launched again. This was not expected on a tab close.
- Installing the MyFirefox theme caused an error on restart and I could not restart the browser. The Error message was: "Error launching browser window: no XBL binding for browser."
- The MyFirefox theme is misusing the Firefox logo. I notified Catherine Brady via email.
- With an existing profile, I saw blank listings in the History Menu item list (From File|Menu)
- Install Build RC1 / First Release Builds had wrong Build ID (pre-Version) - Files were pulled from release directory and Respin - Bug 379004
- 404 on default Homepage Bug 364332
- Done a lot of smoketests on Vista/linux/Windows XP/2000 for 1.9a4
- Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 "Etch"
- bug 324698 at http://thefump.com - left a comment with the local regression range.
- about:logo is rendered
- http://www.backbase.com/demos/explorer/#examples/b-box.xml - the box renders incorrectly (presuming it's correct); renders correctly on 18.104.22.168.
- bug 379011 found and filed by marcus; found the regression range, left a comment.
- Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 "Sarge"
- No bug 324698 mentioned above
- about:logo not rendered
- Mac Intel 10.4.9
- Grandparadiso crashes right after I click OK to print a page from the nytimes.com. Page in question had an area with embedded video, Flash(?).