- 1 Firefox 3 RC1 Test Results
- 1.1 Related Pages
- 1.2 Contact Info
- 1.3 Schedule
- 1.4 Release Notes
- 1.5 Build Location and IDs
- 1.6 Test Coverage
- 1.7 Test Results
- 2 Detailed Results
Firefox 3 RC1 Test Results
Links to separate test results. Some are referenced further below.
- Update snippets Test Results
- L10n Spotchecks Test Results
- RC1 Testday Results
- QA RC1 Relnotes Tracking
- QA RC1 Bug Bash - May 7th
- RC2 Bug Candidates Tracking Page
PM: Mike Beltzner (beltzner)
Build: John O'Duinn (joduinn)
QA: Tony (tchung)
- Code Freeze
- Code Build
- QA test signoff
- ETA 5/26
- Smoketests PASS
- FFTs PASS
- RC1 and past focused Tests (ongoing) PASS
- Top Sites Testing PASS
- Top Site Automation Pass (spidertests) 60% completed
- Top Extensions Testing PASS
- Top Themes Testing PASS
- Top Plugins Testing PASS
- Update snippets from Alpha X, Beta X -> RC1 PASS betatest, PASS releasetest, PASS beta
- P1 L10N spotchecks PASS
- Accessibility Testing PASS
- All P1/P2 bug verifications (ongoing) PASS
- 5/16 - PASS part 1
- 5/23 - PASS part 2
- Release notes, Websites, live tests PASS rc1
Build Location and IDs
- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0 (XP)
- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0 (VISTA)
- Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051202 Firefox/3.0
- Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051202 Firefox/3.0
- Build ID: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051202 Firefox/3.0
- Areas Covered:
- Use test profiles stored here.
- Top Sites
- Top Plugins
- Top Themes
- Top Extensions
- Focused Tests
- Update snippets from Alpha X, Beta X -> RC1
- Memory Leak Testing (handled by Tomcat on debug builds)
- Bc's topsite spidertests against jemalloc/malloc builds
- Accessibility Tests (litmus and automation)
- P1 L10N spotchecks
- Bug verifications
- RC1 Testday (2 part day)
- Areas Not Covered:
- localization (String changes) - Localizers to cover
- Major Updates
|Types of Tests||Win XP||Win Vista||Mac Tiger||Mac Leopard||Linux|
|Smoketest||Tomcat - PASS||juanb - PASS||Tracy - PASS||marcia - PASS
We will be doing updates of all Alpha and Beta users to RC1. We will be checking partial updates, complete updates, and failed status.
Will be available on betatest, releasetest, and beta channels
Testcases and Results are tracked here.
Top Sites Testing
Select the top 50 sites, and run through a combination of various web applications.
Top Extensions Testing
Select a few top extensions from AMO and perform the following testcases. See Fx3 Compatibility Addons List Here.
Also, this is the top 50 most popular addons voted by mozdev.
Top Themes Testing
Select a few top themes from AMO and perform the following testcases. See Fx3 Compatibility Addons List Here.
Some compatible themes:
Top Plugins Testing
Query the top plugins supported for the web, and verify they are compatible with Firefox 3. See AMO list for recommended plugins.
Additional Plugin litmus cases can be found here.
L10N P1 Spotchecks
Visual inspection: Go through the P1 list of locales, and run a spotcheck to see if everything visually looks fine. Refer to L10N Requirements for more specifics.
Automation inspection: supported locales will be ran through Minotaur, and results will be reviewed by axel and mic.
Testcases and Results are tracked here - PASS (Tchung, Tracy)
Bob will be running topsite spidertests against nightly debug malloc and jemalloc builds. The automated coverage is to catch any crashes or assertations. Coverage will be on XP, mac, and linux.
Bugs that are marked RESOLVED FIXED that are checked in for RC. Please verify them.
A RC1 testday will be held and call for the community support to assist with testing. Activities include executing litmus testcases, bug verifications, and focus on the new feature areas that are being implemented. More can be found on QMO.
Testday results are posted here.
Live Spot Checks
Check live site download links on all platforms. Please cover en-US, and 2 or 3 additional Tier 1 locales as well. Pay attention to the following areas: