- 1 Firefox 3 RC2 Test Results
- 2 Detailed Results
- 3 Hendrix Feedback =
Firefox 3 RC2 Test Results
Links to separate test results. Some are referenced further below.
- Update snippets Test Results
- L10n Spotchecks Test Results
- RC2 Testday Results
- QA RC2 Relnotes Tracking
- QA RC2 Bug Bash
- RC2 Bug Candidates Tracking Page
PM: Mike Beltzner (beltzner)
Build: John O'Duinn (joduinn)
QA: Tony (tchung)
- Code Freeze
- Code Build
- QA test signoff
- ETA 6/4
- Smoketests PASS
- BFTs PASS
- RC2 and past focused Tests (ongoing) PASS
- Update snippets from Alpha X, Beta X -> RC2 betatest, PASS releasetest, PASS, rc1->rc2 beta/release, result
- P1 L10N spotchecks PASS
- Top plugins PASS
- RC2+ bug verifications (ongoing) result
- RC2 Testday PASS
- Release notes, Websites, live tests result
Build Location and IDs
*Note: Only Mac was respun for a second build. Windows and Linux were not affected by the bug in question.
- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0
- RC2 Build 1
- Build ID: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052903 Firefox/3.0
- RC2 Build 2
- Build ID: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008053008 Firefox/3.0
- RC2 Build 2
- Build ID: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008053008 Firefox/3.0
- Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052912 Firefox/3.0
- Areas Covered:
- Areas Not Covered:
- Top Sites
- Top Themes
- Top Extensions
- Accessibility Tests (litmus and automation)
- Memory Leak Testing (handled by Tomcat on debug builds)
- Bc's topsite spidertests against jemalloc/malloc builds
- localization (String changes) - Localizers to cover
- Major Updates
|Types of Tests||Win XP||Win Vista||Mac Tiger||Mac Leopard||Linux|
|Smoketest||Tomcat - PASS||juanb - PASS||Tracy - PASS||marcia - PASS Tomcat (Build 2) PASS
We will be doing updates of all Alpha and Beta users to RC2. We will be checking partial updates, complete updates, and failed status.
Will be available on betatest, releasetest, beta, and release (rc1 only) channels
Testcases and Results are tracked here.
L10N P1 Spotchecks
Visual inspection: Go through the P1 list of locales, and run a spotcheck to see if everything visually looks fine. Refer to L10N Requirements for more specifics.
Automation inspection: supported locales will be ran through Minotaur, and results will be reviewed by axel and mic.
Testcases and Results are tracked here - PASS
Top Plugins Testing
Query the top plugins supported for the web, and verify they are compatible with Firefox 3. See AMO list for recommended plugins.
Additional Plugin litmus cases can be found here.
Bugs that are marked RESOLVED FIXED that are checked in for RC. Please verify them.
A RC2 testday will be held and call for the community support to assist with testing. Activities include executing litmus testcases, bug verifications, and focus on the new feature areas that are being implemented. More can be found on QMO.
Testday results are posted here.
Live Spot Checks
Check live site download links on all platforms. Please cover en-US, and 2 or 3 additional Tier 1 locales as well. Pay attention to the following areas:
L10n Testing (tchung)
Hendrix Feedback =