Releases/Firefox 3.0.8/Test Plan
This is the basic set of tests we run for every security & maintenance release.
Description of Release
3.0.8 is a chemspill, accelerated, release. It will have a minimal change set from 3.0.7. All fixes that were intended for 3.0.8, before the vulnerabilities were known, will land in a to-be-released 3.0.9.
Specific Test Plan for this Release
We need to make sure the bugs that prompted this chemspill are verified fixed.
The patches fix the issues in question and are sufficiently robust, and no other problems are found as a result of this.
- Ongoing: Done
This is an estimated schedule as a normal security release.
- Tree opens: March 26 (as needed)
- Code freeze: March 26 (wee hours of the morning)
- QA starts: March 26
- Builds start: March 26
- QA with builds start: March 26
- Smoketests: March 26 - 2 people
- BFTs: 3/26 - 3/27 - 2 people
- l10n Testing: November 3/27 - 2 people
- Betatest & Beta Channel Testing: We won't have a beta period for this release.
- Release to beta channel: No beta period.
- Releasetest & Release Channel Testing: targeted for 3/27
- Final release: 3/27
- Smoketests, BFT
- l10n Testing
- Betatest/Beta updates - NA
- Releasetest/Release updates
|Firefox 3.0.8 Build 1|
When you verify the bug is fixed:
Target Bugs to Verify
Check the link for verified or unverified bugs above for details.
Dependent Bugs to Verify