Releases/Firefox 3.6RC1/Test Plan
Firefox 3.6 RC1 Testplan
Coordinating QA: juanb in irc.mozilla.org, firstname.lastname@example.org. Or ping someone in #qa
Description of Release
This is the first release candidate for Firefox 3.6. Should everything run smoothly during testing this is what will be released to our users as the official version after a beta period.
Specific Plan for RC1
We will run a brief QA cycle consisting of spot checks based on the smoketests, as well as l10n spot checks, and updates tests. If these tests pass, we'll release this to beta users, and concurrently we'll run full functional tests while the RC is in this beta period.
We will spot check en-US builds using the Litmus smoketests as a guide, and we'll run some l10n spot checks and updates checks.
All dates tentative:
- Builds Start: Jan 5
- QA: Jan 6
- Smoketests and Other OS Spot Checks: Jan 6-7 (3 people)
- l10n spot checks: Jan 6-7 (3 people)
- Updates checks: Jan 7-8 (3 people)
Builds for RC1 can be found here:
- Spot Checks: Pass
- l10n Spot Checks: Pass
- Updates Checks: Pass (WinCE pending)
- Full Functional Tests: Completed
- Top Plugins Spot Checks: Completed
- Top Extensions Tests: Completed
- Accessibility: Pass
- Bugs Filed: bugs filed this cycle
- Many stability fixes (crashkill)
- Bug Fixes
- Please look through the list of bug fixes for focus areas.