Stewards/Coding/Group 07 11 12
- Meeting time: Wednesday, July 11 at 10 AM Pacific
- Video: David's vidyo room (use this link for guest access)
- Audio: If video doesn't work, call +1 800 707 2533, pin 369, conf 9634#
- Back channel: #mozillians
- Creating community dashboards
- http://arewegrowingyet.com is live
- Phase 1 of Conversion tracking for coding contributors matched inquiries with Hg commits
- This is a conversion point that's deep in the funnel so high drop-off is expected
- This system undercounts since we require the same email in inquiry and in Hg access and this only looks at entry points from the Get Involved page
- This only looks at the Hg repo -- we can add Github and other repos later if needed
- Phase 2 add in Bugzilla data to conversion funnel
- Conversion point changes to discuss
- Add 'Checking in your own code to repo' as step to match Hg commit access data
- Have some conversion points now where not sure of data source -- maybe those aren't needed?
- Making coding dashboards public (bug 771581)
- Next steps: Review PR and privacy issues raised last year
- Access to Metrics API (bug 729703) and overlap with Bugzilla_Anthropology
- Academic institutions
- How to make use of http://whatcanidoformozilla.org/
- Using community dashboards
- Measure effectiveness of first patch approved email when conversion tracking in place
- Contributor survey once we have information about conversion path
- Expanding representation at this meeting
- B2G: Anyone else?
- Fennec: Lucas and anyone else?
- Devtools, webapps, others?
- Creating a cross-product coding contribution opportunity entry page? Similar to Webdev Get Involved page
- David to take changes to conversion points back to Metrics and find out timing on phase 2 for adding in Bugzilla data to funnel
- David to invite someone from Metrics to join to discuss specific questions we had about dashboard
- David to move forward with the review process for patch dashboards and others are welcome to help if they'd like