Support/SUMOdev Meeting Notepad/2010 Q2

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

29 June 2010

Open Items

  • For Summit:
      • Filters!

Roundtable

  • Erik
  • Josh
  • James
  • Ricky
  • QA

Misc

22 June 2010

Open Items

  • Firefox 3.6.4
      • Apparently today
  • 2.1
      • Scheduled for Wednesday afternoon
      • Pre-release meeting at 10am today
  • 2.2
      • Staging as soon as 2.1 is successful
      • Let's target the full ask/answer/solve workflow on stage this week.

Roundtable

What are you working on, what's your timeline, and what's blocking you?

  • James
  • Ricky
  • Sam
  • Matthew
  • Erik
  • Josh
  • QA

Post-1.5.4.2 release

  • Everything went fine except for surprise push!

Other

  • Email coming about August on-site.

15 June 2010

Firefox Home

  • Have basically two small patches to push out to production this week.
      • No, the 1.5.5.1 version number doesn't really make sense anymore.

2.1

  • What do we need to push this?
  • Learning experience: What else can we do to avoid problems like this?

2.2

  • Will be on staging as soon as 2.1 goes out.
  • Ricky: Status?

Chat

Q3 Goals

  • SUMO Dev specifics:
      • Panic Button
      • Better staging environments
      • Something about the KB
  • What would you like to see?

QA

Other stuff

  • SUMOdev meeting suggestions? How valuable is this for you?
  • Downtime tonight. ~3 hours. All IT.

8 June 2010

Open Items

  • Welcome, for real, Erik!
  • Pushing 2.1/1.5.5 at 4pm. Go/no-go?
  • Top Priority This Morning: Open 2.1 reviews. Need to land before 12 noon PDT. Seriously, start them right now. Stop reading this.
  • If 2.1 goes out today, 2.2 should be on staging by the end of the day.

Team Members

Are you blocked by anything right now?

  • Matthew
  • Sam
  • Ricky
  • Paul
  • Erik
  • Josh
  • James

QA

  • Go/no-go for 2.1 launch today?
      • Go! - stephend

Roundtable

1 June 2010

Open Items

  • Welcome Erik!
  • 2.1 code freeze: today!
  • Meeting format: still an experiment. Feedback welcome.

Team members

Where are you 2.1 on bugs? What do you need to keep going?

  • Paul
  • Matthew
  • Sam
  • Ricky
  • Josh
  • Erik
  • James

QA

Open, unassigned

2.1

Roundtable

25 May 2010

Open Items

  • Meeting format: this week is an experiment. Please let me know, either directly or email the SUMOdev list, what you think would make this the best use of your time.
  • 2.1 code freeze: can we hit 1 June? What would need to happen first?
  • 2.1 string freeze: can we hit on 29 May (or even 25)?

Team members

Where are you on bugs? What do you need to keep going?

  • Josh
  • Paul
  • Ricky
  • Sam
  • Matthew
  • James

Open, unassigned

Roundtable

18 May 2010

  • Welcome Ricky and Josh!
  • Next week we'll start playing with the format of the SUMOdev meeting.

Kitsune

  • 1.5.4.1/2.0.4 going out Thursday. See tikiwiki section for details.
  • 2.1 m
      • Lots of little bugs, hopefully we can close out many this week.
  • 2.2 m
      • Will get started for real this week or next.

TikiWiki

  • 1.5.4.1/2.0.4
      • Thursday.
      • Removing Omniture.
      • Fixing DB schema.
        • Paul: Status on the stage test of this?
  • 1.5.5 m
      • Everything is low priority right now.
      • Nominate with 1.5.5? in the whiteboard.
        • Only regressions and blocks-2.1 bugs should go directly into 1.5.5.

Chat

  • Status update from Matthew and Sam.
  • Current docs for Live Chat Web Client
    • Web Client PRD This is being used to build the engineering plan (along with updates from zzxc and jsocol
    • Engineering Plan Less about the why, more about the what and how. At this point, I am taking the screen shots from the PRD and pinning them as a user story and documenting my assumptions about that story. So looking for peer review of those assumptions and help in finishing up all the user stories. From there the Milestones will primarily be a list of what user stories to implement.
    • Proposal for integration with Kitsune Final decisions here should be rolled into the Engineering plan

Roundtable

11 May 2010

The Push

  • Questions about what happened and and how we and IT are reacting?
  • Rescheduled for today at 4pm PDT.
      • Announced in the forums. We need to make sure to do that every time.

Kitsune

TikiWiki

  • 1.5.5 m
    • Everything is low priority right now.
    • Nominate with 1.5.5? in the whiteboard.
      • Only regressions and blocks-2.1 bugs should go directly into 1.5.5.

Chat

Roundtable

  • Engineering plan. -James
  • SUMOdev meeting format. -James

4 May 2010

Kitsune

  • 2.0(.1) m
    • Meeting in 45 minutes with IT to make sure everything's ready for Thursday.
    • Finalize database conversion process with Tim. (Paul and/or James)
    • Still need to load test, need help from oremj or clouserw with log_replay. (James)
    • QA: Any reservations or are we go? Readiness meeting? (Stephen)
  • 2.1 m
    • Filed lots of smaller, more manageable bugs.
    • Roll up your sleeves, let's get into it.
    • Target: all non-moderator functionality by end of week.

TikiWiki

  • 1.5.4 m
      • Only open bug is for Tim. We can't find the source of the issue, so we can probably just push it out.
  • 1.5.5 m
      • Will have a few small bugs to file this week. (James)
      • Once we have a schema in place from 2.1, will need to migrate data to it.
      • To nominate for 1.5.5, please put 1.5.5? in the whiteboard. Please only file regressions directly into 1.5.5 (ie: should have the regression keyword).

Chat

Roundtable

  • Yes, we are getting more developers.
      • Two FTEs and an intern starting over the next 4-6 weeks.
      • This is wonderful.
      • Really, it's awesome.
      • It will impact our engineering plan for this quarter.
  • I'm working with Morgamic to create an engineering plan for the next 3-4 months that will take advantage of these new resources.

27 April 2010

Web dev on-site this week. Progress will be slower than normal, and meetings will be higher than normal.

Kitsune

  • SUMO 2.0 froze on Thursday!
      • QA found a few things after the freeze.
      • We've fixed them.
      • Began work on 2.1, discussion forums.
  • There is now a Support Mozilla component on Verbatim.
      • It's not entirely accurate. It needs to pull new data.
  • Action items:
      • Get together with IT to discuss deployment (James, possible AMO friends).
      • Load testing (James and Paul).
      • Can we run one more database conversion test with the outage page up? (On support-stage.) (Paul, Tim Ellis)
      • Get Verbatim synced up (James, Gandalf).
      • Start iterating on the discussion forum branch.

TikiWiki

  • 1.5.4 needs our attention this week.
      • If you have bugs in this milestone, they are your top priority right now.
      • Freeze by Thursday at the latest.
      • Only demonstrable regressions should go into 1.5.4 right now. Please nominate with 1.5.4? in the whiteboard.
      • Anything else is 1.5.5 at the earliest. Please nominate with 1.5.5? in the whiteboard.
      • Can bug 561824 wait until 1.5.5?
  • Emergency tag.
      • We are making irreversible changes to the database. We should create a 1.5.3.1(ish) tag we can roll back to with only the SET NAMES patch from bug 554210.
  • Action items:
      • Finish/land all 1.5.4 work (James, Paul, Kadir, Matthew).
      • Create emergency tag (James).

Live Chat

  • Sam's here.
  • We should minimize the work done on TikiWiki.
  • Potential implementation:
      • JavaScript web client, that talks to a
      • Python/Django intermediary (Django "livechat" app), which then communicates over
      • XMPP with the chat server.
  • Action items:
      • Nail down the goals (Sam, Matthew).
      • Implementation plan (Sam, Matthew).
      • Get started! ;)

Roundtable

20 April 2010

Kitsune

  • Put out several fires yesterday. Interfered with work getting done.
  • Obviously missed freeze on Friday.
  • QA: Still need to run our Latin1 -> UTF-8 script on support-stage-new.
  • New dates?
  • Pre-push work:
      • Testing.
      • Load testing. Will file relevant IT bugs after meeting.
      • Verbatim. Will ping relevant people after meeting.
  • 100% of our focus right now is on finishing this out.

Live Chat

Roundtable

13 April 2010

Continuous Integration

  • We've got Hudson running our Kitsune unit test suite after every check-in!
  • We're at ~80% coverage right now.
      • The Sphinx API is currently a large percentage of our code and we aren't aiming for 100% there, so until we find a way to exclude it, it will skew coverage reports downward.
      • Feel free to add tests to improve coverage. These branches don't need a bug but do need review.
  • We need to work out what, if any, useful information we can get from pylint.

Kitsune - 2.0

  • 13 open bugs
  • Still trying to freeze on Friday—that makes this an intense week. Focus on blockers, then other P1s, etc.
  • Please start testing now.
  • Need to get in touch with localizers (see bug 557574).
  • Note the new coding standard for templates: indent with two spaces, and include a modeline at the top of the file: {# vim: set ts=2 et sts=2 sw=2: #}

TikiWiki - 1.5.4

  • 8 bugs
  • Aim to freeze on... Tuesday?
  • Mostly small/simple tweaks or issues.
  • If you have anything else urgent, please nominate ASAP (with 1.5.4? in the white board and a good reason in the comments).

Releases

  • When should we look at pushing Kitsune?
      • Need to start talks with IT about requirements and deployment process.
  • QA has suggested readiness meetings.

Roundtable

  • Forum rewrite status

6 April 2010

First SUMOdev meeting of Q2!

Kitsune

  • 15 open bugs :/
    • Mostly low priority (7) or in review queues (3) or don't specifically require work (2).
  • Biggest blockers are sessions and character encoding.
  • Still aiming to freeze 16 April.

1.5.4

  • Nothing nominated.
  • 4 bugs
    • Will start directing searches to Kitsune.
    • Mobile branch is still closed until 1.5.3 push.
    • Still aiming to freeze on 16 April.