NOTOC Thunderbird in the Enterprise wiki has information about ADMINISTERING Thunderbird in enterprises and large organizations. Topics include deployment, configuration, management, and discussion of important bugs and strategic issues.
Please help the community by:
- Adding new information, tips and links, to this wiki page (click edit).
- Posting questions and answers in tb-enterprise to help other enterprise users.
- Helping with Thunderbird bugs, especially bugs important to TB enterprises.
- Helping in the Greater Thunderbird Ecosphere.
News and Discussion
- In 'tb-enterprise' ADMINISTRATORS can learn what other administrators are doing, and give help to other administrators. (see message archive for past discussions)
- In Planet Thunderbird are Thunderbird team's various blogs. Links to contributors blogs can be found in the right sidebar of the home page if you want to avoid the Planet Mozilla "firehose"!
- At Thunderbird wiki you can find information on all aspects of Thunderbird
p> To get notices of progress as the bugs are fixed, and as new bugs are added, you should subscribe (Cc) to the meta bug. A meta bug is not for 'work' or discussion. Development of solutions occurs in the bugs which are linked to the meta.
If you want to deploy Thunderbird ESR and access the download page, please follow this link Thunderbird for Organizations.
We have gathered some articles specific to enterprise needs:
- Thunderbird in the Enterprise - DEVMO documents
- Account Autoconfig
- Software_Update and Software_Update:Testing
- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_3.0_installation_issues (some of these issues are mitigated in version 3.1)
We are by definition a collaborative, open source project since inception, therefore solution providers are more than welcome to look at our code and make solutions we would not have developed. We don't have any certification process in place, but you will find a non exhaustive list of solution providers that can complete and/or facilitate your enterprise deployment.
New Wiki page with Solution Providers.
- Ideal Corporate E-mail Client (in Russian)
- Posts tagged Thunderbird and MCD by Dean Brundage.
- Manufacturing User Preferences For MCD (example title)
Mozilla Enterprise working Group
If like many other enterprises you are interested in Mozilla beyond Thunderbird, you will probably feel like to follow up what's happening within the Enterprise Working Group: