Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 Thunderbird 3 Beta 3
- 1.3 Thunderbird 3
- 1.4 QA Updates
- 1.5 Marketing Updates
- 1.6 IT update
- 1.7 Documentation
- 1.8 Roundtable
- 1.9 Attendees
- Who's taking minutes? --> bienvenu
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- Planned Freeze Dates ( All dates use time of 23:59 PST )
- Slushy String freeze date: TBD
- Slushy Code Freeze date: TBD
- Firm String / Code freeze date: TBD
- l10n-mozilla-1.9.1 freeze date: TBD
- Target Build Ship date: TBD
- dmose is release driver
- gozer is build engineer
- Search will be landing over the next week or two and then we'll finish up the beta.
- Proposed Blocking
- Proposed Blockers (b3) 0 (-1)
- We're planning on adding one more beta - lots of work is getting done but the blocker list isn't going down, mostly because of the reality that landing big new features adds bugs.
- Proposed Blocking
- Proposed Blockers (all): 20 (-3)
- Please set bugs to assigned status (as well as owner to you) if you want to do them.
- If you have other bugs assigned to you that you don't want to do, please reassign or discuss with drivers.
- Doing a Linux special bug day this week
- Will mail thunderbird-testers as soon as gloda-search lands
- Pushing a few crashers for developers to review.
- Ongoing triage work
- Most mozmill blocker bugs are fixed; one is left, with tree views. We're getting closer.
- We working towards doing automated bloat tests with mozmill.
- Press roundup: Send Later Extension,Five simple PC security tips
- Speaking with PR companies for Tb3 launch and beyond.
- Mountain View Trip: SUCCESS
- Completed the physical move in 1 day, thanks dmoore!
- Hardware upgrades completed without issues (more RAM+CPUs)
- Everything that was purchased is now in place
- A few little issues left to sort out by MoCo Colo hands
- Coming weeks
- Move the currently overly powerefull admin host to it's new, more reasonable hardware
- Reimage the admin host into a new, beefy VMware host.
- Bring up the production database setup online
- Bring up the pysical staging hardware online
- Once new hardware arrives, we can start signing our own builds.
- Autoconfig database is going to need validation - will need a validation process and some volunteers to help validate config files.
- We should contact Mozilla Japan for suggestions for Japanese ISPs for autoconfig.
- We should mute status meeting by default
- last week
- work on some bugs (466644, 454829)
- folder summary draft (http://ascher.ca/blog/2009/05/08/getting-insight-into-ones-own-email/)
- last week
- got compact header working outside of core, as an extension (bug 480623)
- ongoing content policy & security discussions
- driving work
- goals for this week
- finish working out details of calendar helper project with Fallen
- schedule content policies security review & fill out template
- 1 hour of reviews per day
- land two message reader patches
- Planning for the summer.
- Mozmill work - Mozmill can now simulate clicks on links in Account Central.
- QA, triage, bugdays.
- Reviews and bug triage
- Started putting together some plans for point releases post TB 3.
- bug 374578 Finished revising content policy - just one query to go.
- Restored make -C mailnews xpcshell-tests functionaliy to mailnews 
- bug 491654 Fixed styles on Mail List Dialog
- bug 491488 / bug 491545 fixed LDAP code to build with latest jemalloc build changes on trunk and pulled in new version to comm-central
- Also means we get symbols for ldap c-sdk dlls
- bug 492363 Made activity manager use non-default event icons for most of its events,
- bug 440794 Send in Background - did patch to protect against shutting down whilst sending mail if quit-application-requested is not received.
- Reviews and driving
- Make deleting messages from cross-folder saved searches use the m_deletingRows optimization, bug 492149
- Sped up loading smart folders by not restoring non-existent selection in MoveThread bug 466048
- Fixed file size on return receipt so we work with SMTP servers that don't allow 0 Size bug 462866
- Only compact imap folder when entering folder if we're over the expunge threshold, bug 490934
- Worked on making commands apply to messages in collapsed threads.
- Working with a contributer on IMAP COMPRESS support
Recovered from some evil bug
Will have to close tree Thursday the 12th around Noon for some maintenance.
- New, re-imaged OS X Tiger and Leopard builders
- Buildbot server upgraded to 0.7.10 in production
- More buildbot work in progress
- Upgrading buildbot clients to 0.7.10
- Moving config to CC*Factory
- Merging unittest and production masters
- SpreadThunderbird Drupal upgrade
- Colo move completed
- Upgrades: More RAM and CPUs
- Upgrades: Firmware, BIOS and the like
- New production blades
- Configuration management cleanup
- Production database setup
- Staging setup
- Plan for upcoming projects
- Colo move completed
- extended bugzilla editbugs privs to: 1 person
- updated QA watchers with changed components and descriptions
- tracking/updating topcrashes - still
- triaging memory bugs - still
- triaging profile dataloss bugs - still
- engaged Jay Moran to help with profiling - resulting in fix of bug 466048 for a great performance win (Thunderbird freezes/slow when selecting threaded Saved Search/Virtual Folder)
- Have auto-updating working for Eudora on all 3 platforms now, and Matt is working on getting our production server set up to handle updates
- Patch to improve logging of the update service was accepted - bug 491436
- Will be making a new Eudora/Penelope beta with updates and latest TB sources, which may go out before TB 3b3 due to issues some Eudora 8b6 users are seeing
- Talked with nthomas about debug symbols and some warnings that crept in to Eudora's manifest files, and fixed those with the latest version of symbolstore.py
- Lots of work on new SeaMonkey buildbot, enabling generic machine pools per platform and paving the way for release automation. Thunderbird will be able to heavily rip off those configs and share generic classes in the future.
- Support: a few more interviews and finishing up contract for GS.
- TB3 end game: updated site map for launch, drafting web site updates, reviewer's guide.
- Triagge work
- bug 482966 Found regression window
- Thought about FireDrills and post beta.
- Organized bugday
- Last week
- blogged about Linux theme changes. Good feedback.
- Ill most of the week :(
- This week
- Built TB from source!
- finish the activity manager icons (with patches)
- archive icons for all platforms (Linux ready, other platforms easy)
- Autoconfiguration layout work.
- Fixed a few simple blockers: bug 462229, bug 460036, bug 470474
- Submitted a patch to bug 467116
- Rough patch in bug 466227, and investigated + working on bug 482966
davida, dmose, bienvenu, ludovic, standard8, rafael, gozer, asuth, sid0, nth10sd, kairo, clarkbw, rkent, jenzed, andreas, beckley, wsmwk NOTOC