(current release schedules returning soon)
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> bienvenu
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
No Friend of the Tree this week.
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- JB has agreed to take over Project Management of the Account Provisioner so that Blake can focus on other things.
- Did more Telemetry-related work, including an opt-in UI (port from Firefox), currently blocking on:
- Sid Stamm's privacy review for our Thunderbird-specific probes.
- Gloda work finished, currently blocking on: Telemetry landing, so that we can compare the probes before/after
- Thunderbird Conversations 2.1 is about to be released, please try out the latest version and report anything suspicious. See http://blog.andychung.ca/post/9563922811/thunderbird-conversations for shiny screenshots. (Almost 70000 users, w00t!). Lots of good feedback re the newer versions. Did a lot of polish, people seem to appreciate it.
- Leaving Vancouver on Friday.
Compose in a tab
Ubuntu Unity Integration
- Breakage on EDS Contacts Integration add-on was due to build problem on Canonical machines - that's been fixed.
- Still keeping an eye out for serious show-stoppers, major problems - but so far, so good.
Schedule and Progress
- We now have a new channels page for Thunderbird for Earlybird and Beta channels: http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- Next merge date: 27th September
- Doing chemspills for 6.0, 3.1, and TB 7 beta because of http://blog.mozilla.com/security/2011/08/29/fraudulent-google-com-certificate/
- For inf about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- Good uptake so far.
- Has a lower crash rate than TB 5.
- Currently on: Beta
- Released the first beta last Friday, with updates going out on Saturday
- We had various delays this time around partially due to still getting the automation up to date with the rapid release cycle. Should be much easier for subsequent betas.
- Currently working on getting the add-on compatibility bump set up, should be completed next week with documentation for Add-on authors.
- Currently on: Earlybird
- Starting to prepare information for add-on compatibility bump, so that we can bump before it goes to beta.
- Currently on: Trunk.
- Next merge date is in about 4 weeks.
- The 3.1 series is going to keep going while we discuss how to work with enterprise users. Once there's a way forward there, we'll close down the 3.1 branch.
Extension of the week
- Release work
- Bugzilla maintenance
- We need more people running on the Aurora channel
- How we plan on changing testing with the train release model
- Tb6, 3.1.12, 7.0b releases
- Next up, 6.0.1, 3.1.13, and second 7.0b.
- PR Update:
- Scoping out branding and marketing research to help solidify our branding, market segments, and messaging.
- Starting All Hands prep.
Build / Release Update
- bug 656049 client.mk invoking client.py (via mozconfig) last patch approved!
- working with gozer on bug 682078 - Tracking bug for unforking buildbotcustom
- doing chemspill release builds today: 6.0.1, 3.1.13, 7.0b2
- channel page live @ http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/channel/ (l10n still to come, apologies for delay)
- kitsune updated on staging @ http://support-stage.mozillamessaging.com/
- known error in the showfor JS(because we have no mobile versions) I still need to fix that I spent time tracking down yesterday.
- helped fix the finnish bug bug 681868 and some other small issues with the mozilla.org/firefox merge.
- merged revisions/cleaned up tb6 whatsnew l10n bugs
- pushed several small fixes to the website, thunderbird blog, fixed some rewrites bug 674735 bug 682425 etc
- Thunderbird 7 compatibility bump patch
- fixing the issues with kitsune and maybe pushing it live
- probably a half dozen issues that will come up
- Knowledge Base community contributions:
- New MDN contributor: update and expand Thunderbird extension tutorial
- investigate enabling feedback site for Thunderbird
- 17 responses to (from us to them) to contributor inquiry form
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list) (on vacation Mon-Wed last week so no report last week)
- 1640 new support topics (1591 2 weeks ago) - Media:22-28August2011Metrics.png
- Thunderbird 6 Support Issues
- Thunderbird 7 Support Issues - new! please edit and add any issues found in TB7 (currently beta 1), starting at beta 1 for TB7 and future releases
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
Philipp's last exams are next week, after that: Lightning speed ahead ;-)
- Working on automatic beta releases together with Mark, tracking in bug 673089.
- Transplanted all needed changesets between comm-central, comm-aurora and comm-beta. These are now near to in sync and comm-beta contains everything needed to release a beta-beta.
- Working on getting trunk back to speed after ChromeWorkers were re-written bug 678343.
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.