Thunderbird notes 2017-06-27 NOON PT (Pacific). For meeting time, previous notes and call-in details see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings
- 1 Attendees
- 2 MAIN FOCUS OF MEETING
- 3 Action items from last meetings
- 4 Current status / Announcements
- 5 Current Release Critical Issues
- 6 Version 52
- 7 Releases
- 8 Lightning
- 9 Round Table
- 10 Question Time
- 11 Action Items
- 12 Help Wanted
Jorg K, marcoagpinto, Paenglab, aceman, Tom,, mkmelin, rkent, wsmwk
MAIN FOCUS OF MEETING
Action items from last meetings
Current status / Announcements
Current Release Critical Issues
- tracking matrix: (broken) http://hg.mozilla.org/users/kent_caspia.com/drivertools/raw-file/default/bugtracking/index.html
- leftovers of nominated 38(?) : http://tinyurl.com/pgwflyg
- Tree issues:
- https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/thunderbird-tree-status (somewhat abandoned)
- dashboard: https://mozilla.kewis.ch/treestatus/#/tb-treestatus
- c-c looking good- Perma-red/orange: https://mzl.la/2lrQTHC
- tracking-tbesr52+tb52 flags: unfixed ?/+ - https://mzl.la/2pULYoU (tracking-tb52: https://mzl.la/2dVQYjg)
- most needed for ESR52:
- Unfixed regressions: https://mzl.la/2pQmPYI among them
- 52.1.0 ESR (2017-04-30) (rush job for gmail problem)
- 52.1.1 ESR (2017-05-15 - plan to enable automatic updates from 45.x)
- 54.0b1 (2017-05-19)
- 54.0b2 (2017-05-25)
- 54.0b3 (2017-06-02)
- TB 52.2 (2017-06-14)
- TB 52.2.1 (2017-06-23) - Fixing Gmail issue
- Upcoming - https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar#Future_branch_dates
- Branching happened on 2017-06-12, next branch: 2017-08-07
- 52.3.0 (pending 55.0 beta)
- TB 55 beta (build problems, bug 1373284 )
- 4.7.8 (bundled)
- 5.4 (TB 52 ESR)
- bug 1372943 bustage-fix (wwc)
- bug 1373031 beta fix: disable webrenderer in release configs
- bug 1374093 two bustage-fixes: 1) remove EncodingUtils 2) remove arguments of nsIConverterOutputStream::Init)
- bug 1354002 Making use of defaultparagraphseparator
- bug 1363281 Port "Replace uconv with encoding_rs" to mailnews, test fix, post-landing review
- bug 1375680 bustage-fix (s/ReadUserPrefs/ReadUserPrefsFromFile/)
- bug 1374190 bustage-fix (adjust wait time in test after M-C change)
- bug 1374779 Make addbook: links work again
- bug 1374093 2 bustage-fixes (mozilla::dom::EncodingUtils and nsIConverterOutputStream::Init)
- bug 1376139 bustage-fix (SQL fixes in calendar)
- bug 1376414 bustage-fix (name runnable)
- bug 1376467 bustage-fix (charset lower/upper)
- Awaiting review:
- some reviews
- off next week to deal with some family stuff!
- https://stage.thunderbird.net/ now redirects to the correct Accept-Language.
- release notes management will be ready for testing by 06/30, will sent out an email to interested parties.
- release notes will be managed by YAML text file in a dedicated github repo.
- fixed some broken URLs, all download page, etc.
- Once we are happy with release notes management, website is ready to go live.
- Got AMO set up and working locally, there are a lot of moving parts. I'm not sure this is suitable for us to run without any webdev.
- Will have further conversations with AMO team members this week.
- ship 52.2.0 and 52.2.1
- much triage and monitoring of support forums, especially gmail issues
just some small reviews
- Some small patches checked-in, mostly Fx ports.
- Investigating whether there is any subset of Thunderbird suitable for a rewrite experiment
- Looking over Lightning code to understand issues in migrating away from Mozilla platform
- prison teams: politics for Contacts group looks grim, going to back off; Calendar group will proceed though they are weak.
- trying to figure out how to move forward with an engineering council
- Accessibility lead
- Person comfortable (not necessarily technical experts) with Core type issues. Example, graphics to guide bug 1195947 Thunderbird hardware acceleration (HWA) issues to be resolved