Thunderbird:220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168:Major Update:Test Plan
Test Plan for Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 Major Update
The last major update for Thunderbird 1.5 is now going to occur. Testing will be entirely focused on minor update testing for older versions of TB 1.5 to update them to 188.8.131.52 and then the major update to 184.108.40.206. English and locales be tested in each instance, as will a clean instance of 220.127.116.11 that has not been updated.
- Updates available: June 6
- QA/Testing starts: June 6
- Release to beta channel: June 6
- Final release: June 9
- Betatest Channel Testing: 6/6
- Beta Channel Testing: 6/6
Release to Beta channel on Friday, 6/6 at 4:00 PM.
- Releasetest & Release Update Testing: 6/9
- Release to World: 6/9 - 3:00 PM
- Minor to Minor TB 1.5 updates followed by MU from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124
- Direct 126.96.36.199 update to 188.8.131.52
We have to perform tests with 184.108.40.206 user profiles containing mail in different accounts, rss feeds, newsgroups, saved passwords, preferences, extensions and themes compatible with 200x, and extensions and themes not compatible with 200x. Think of a typical user profile. After the major update the user profile should be kept, and during the update, the extensions and themes should be checked for compatibility.
- Install extensions and themes that are not compatible with 2.0.x and some that are, for example (on Windows):
- Contacts Sidebar - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/70
- 1.5 Only
- 1.5 only
- Black Japan - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/1665
- VistaMail - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/4472
- Noia 2.0 eXtreme - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/1947
- Try some dictionaries
- Language Packs - try Tagalog
- When you check for updates you should get a warning within the Major Update Dialog window and a button to list the incompatible extensions. If you continue and restart you will get a dialog on startup prompting you to check if there are updates to those incompatible extensions.
- Select the option to check for extension updates and then for installation. Your extensions should be updated and Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 should start without a problem.
- Modify app.update.interval and set it to 60 (seconds). Modify app.update.timer and set it to 600 (milliseconds). (Preferences/Advanced/Config)
- Check for major updates and select "Later." The dialog will then pop up one minute later giving you the option for a major update.
- Check for major updates and select "Never." Wait more than one minute and check that the major update dialog does not pop up again automatically.
- Check for major updates manually after selecting "Never" and check that you get presented with a major update.
- After a major update go to Options(Preferences)/Advanced/Updates "Show History Status" and check that the update history information is correct.
- Try a forced-failure update, by editing the update.status file to say failed after detecting and downloading a major update.