Follow the PEAR Coding Standards with one exception:
- == No new line at EOF ==
- Leaving a new line at the end of a .php file after the ?> will make horrible things happen for HTTP headers. Do not follow this standard.
- (In that case, the PHP documentation suggests removing the closing tag at the end of the file altogether.)
Comments and PHPDoc
- Read and understand the PHPDoc reference when needed.
- Make a concerted effort to [write out comments], especially before function definitions. Bare minimum comments for function defs:
- What it is for
- @param - define all inputs and their type/purpose
- @return - define all retvals and their type/purpose
- // style comments can be used for smaller statements, just footnotes. If the footnote turns into an essay, use /** */
HTML 4.01 Strict. Close and nest your tags correctly, as if you were writing XHTML.
see the remora localization page.