User:Beltzner/Mozilla 2 List
Items that are
stricken were resolved in Gecko 1.9
- tear off tabs
- enable/disable plugins
- enable/disable addons without restart
cross-platform notification strategy (ship Growl?)
XUL/UI Toolkit Visual Enhancements
- glow (gradient?) border effect
- throb effect
- animation of UI elements
- smooth sliding
- zoom/shrink effects
- gaussian blur effects
- fade in/out
- enn: some work done on DOM/CSS manipulation, was slow; SVG?
smooth drag and drop w/snapback and "ghost" preview effects
- enn: this is in nightly builds
ability to insert rich formatted & image content in context & drop-down menus
- enn: see bug 279703, which could enable this, and is already blocking-1.9
opaque and transparent XUL overlays that contain active UI
- enn: <overlay> tag implemented on all but Mac atm
XUL/UI Toolkit Functional Enhancements
ability to theme differently based on OS version (ie: XP vs. Vista)
- ability to change the theme without restarting (bug 134260)
- Possibly more new XUL controls
- mfinkle: Maybe I am reaching here, extensions want the same kind of UI's that are possible with modern DHTML toolkits.
- mfinkle: Perhaps we should treat this as a separate library, like FUEL, but for controls.
- Integration with Windows systray and OSX dock (bug 325353)
- mfinkle: patch for systray exists
Complete the Growl integration for nsIAlertService on OSX
- GKO-008c Linking Content/Chrome Frame Trees -
- mfinkle: This will allow extensions to display chrome over content very easily (bug 130078)
- drawing on the content area and not having any lag when scrolling the page
- XUL templates within XUL templates (already possible?)
- XML/SQLite-backed XUL templates
- shaver: especially with the advent of cross-site XHR.
- shaver: could be exposing a scriptable SAX/JSON parser to content, which we could then FUEL-wrap to provide template-like behaviour
- shaver: Object,encodeAsJSON and String.prototype.parseJSON might fit in there too.
Tracing/debugging support for extdev
- tracing hooks for: Extension install, update and install process.
- tracing hooks for: Overlay processing
- tracing hooks for: Chrome/manifest resolution
- tracing hooks for: Component registration
- diagnostics and tracing for XUL template processing