Road to great justice for schedulerdb!
|Description||Manually tested?||Automated test in place?||Notes|
|Builds should happen after a checkin||[DONE]|
|Nightly en-US build should trigger repacks after build is done||[DONE]|
|Change to locale repo should trigger a single repack||[DONE]|
|Nightly builds should get fired||[DONE]|
|Release l10n repacks should get fired|
|Queued changes / builds are restored after restarting buildbot master||[DONE]|
|Multiple masters can share the same database for the same builders||[DONE]|
|Test that sendchanges between masters is working||[DONE]|
|Test that nomerge changes aren't getting merged (e.g. talos runs, unittest runs, l10n repacks)||[DONE]|
|Test that builds that get abandoned because of a failed master get re-run||[DONE]|
|Test that new buildbot code can work with old master|
|Test that builds,repacks produced are valid|
|Test mobile master code|
- March 1st-April 6th
- deploy new python, twisted toolchain on staging master
- deploy current buildbot tip on staging master and slaves, start testing current patches (see test cases to exercise above)
- ??? Buildbot 0.8.0 release or choosing some stable revision prior to release
- not all issues blocking 0.8.0 release affect us
- April 5-7 Deploy buildbot 0.8.0 on staging build/unittest master
- April 12 Deploy buildbot, python, twisted onto production build masters and slaves
- pm01, pm03 to start. pm01 will be the 'scheduler' master, and possibly handle one builder pod as well.
- One low-traffic branch to start. Places?
- Will need to steal slaves from other masters. Could impact wait times.
- Slave upgrade isn't strictly necessary to do, but feels right thing to do.
- has the potential to break builds (if e.g. part of build doesn't work with python 2.6). If needed, we could isolate build tools from system tools.
- deploy new python, twisted toolchain on talos staging master
- deploy current buildbot tip on talos staging master and slaves, start testing current patches
- blocked on access to staging env?
- TBD Deploy buildbot 0.8.0 on staging talos master
- TBD Deploy buildbot onto production talos masters and slaves
- Python / twisted upgrade on production talos masters (going to python 2.6.4, twisted 9.0.0 or 9.0.1).
- The current try server code doesn't need to be touched, since all that code is going to be integrated into the main configs, which should "just work".
- Talos can be handled later if required. Its scheduling is pretty straightforward. It's also a good piece to test in parallel with the build bits.
- Release configs can be handled later as well. We're going to be rolling out onto a few branches at first. Until all the current masters are moved over, releases can be done on the old masters.