- absearch server code done, pending a few iterations on the spec - https://github.com/mozilla-services/absearch [tarek]
- we need to add the product/channel/etc array mconnor proposed yesterday
- I need to add the HB (<30mn work)
- stage deployed: https://search.stage.mozaws.net/__info__ [bob, dean, tarek]
- boiler plate for the loadtest done. [tarek]
- QA process can use the schema [sphilp, karl]
- post commit hook -> jenkins job in qa jenkins -> "ok" -> push to s3
- client code attached in "Bug 1175218 - The original default engine should be set per region rather than per locale"
- need to write tests
Agenda / questions
- tarek: decide on 404 vs 204 [mconnor, fqueze] tarek: don't matter to me but +0 on 404. no 200 with empty body plz - let find consensus quickly *or* talk about it in whislter.
- another option would be 200 with a body containing the refresh interval.
- do we know the final hostname/URL? Or should we land the patch with a temporary one?
- to be checked by sec team - we might want a specific cert
- semi-related : can we have an option in about:config to set the endpoint (useful for testing)
- browser.search.geoSpecificDefaults.url in the current patch
- can we omit the cohort value in the server response instead of sending "default"?
- yes :-)
- tarek: whislter: I guess we could sit down 1/2 day and finish nailing this thing. mconnor needs a bike.
- Tuesday afternoon 5pm
- tarek: ops, are you missing something besides the HB or are we good ?
- tarek: __heartbeat__ ready? sometimes today. :)
- florian: how much do we need to record in telemetry?
- do we need to record the time it takes to get a response from the server?