Website CMS:Managing Content
Kubla » Managing Content
These are the physical files on the disk and stored in SVN. The majority of content is in these physical files.
Thoughts on static content:
Static Content will be in flat files (instead of a CMS driven db)
- This makes revision control easy (svn)
- This makes the site fairly portable
- Localizers can work on files without being online
Checking out from SVN
- Due to the difficulties with commiting to SVN from apache, I'd like to investigate checking out files as we need them, rather than supporting an entire checkout. For example:
- User clicks "edit"
- we check out the file they want to edit to a tmp directory (with their username over ssh)
- when they finish editing it, it gets committed, and the tmp file is removed
Committing to SVN
- Commits will happen from the apache user. This complicates things a little, but should be doable:
- Give apache an SSH key
- Tie user accounts in the CMS to the ssh key
- The --username and --password flags make no difference here, so we have to make sure the URL has the username in it
- SVN will commit as the user in the user in the URL
Pushing changes to live site
- This will be interesting. Can we merge trunk->tag programmatically (and reliably)?
This is the "news" that is stored in the database. These show up on the front page and in the press URLs (per language).