- 1:00pm PDT (20:00 UTC)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 866 432 7917 (US toll free)
- +1 334 309 0297 (International)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking
- 1 In Attendance
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Product Management and Marketing Updates
- 4 Foundation Updates
- 5 Roundtable
- 6 Other Business
- Had to respin for another SSL security bug over the weekend, currenty at rc6 (a new record!).
- Focused testing the next couple of days, followed by update testing.
- Planning on simultaneous ship of FF + TB on Thursday, 9/14
- Updated schedule and more info at http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox:22.214.171.124:Community
- RC1/Final code lockdown is this week
- driving queries available on Mozilla 1.8 Tinderbox page
- majority of blockers are gecko181, documentation, l10n related, or server-side redirects
- Radiant Core, mconnor, sspitzer, gavin, pamg, pkasting and others have been working hard to update the new theme with feedback from community
- down to 7 theme blocking bugs (from 20-30 this time last week!)
- always-updated schedule available on the Firefox 2 Wiki
- Stage migration: stage.m.o infrastructure will be moving around this week. There will be scheduled downtime on Thursday, but contrib-build uploading and Friday nightlies may be affected. Details about this migration will be posted later today.
- Testing Projects
- FFx/TBird 1507
- RC5 testing last week
- RC6 was just spun.
- Hoping to complete on both FFx and Tbird by Wednesday evening for Thursday release.
- Preparing for FF2 RC1 testing. Building tools to automate the trademark verification particularly in for search engines, search strings, bookmarks, RSS feeds and feed readers.
- Marcia added a test matrix for Profile testing
- Davel helped with AUS2 Test planning and automation using Python and FitNesse -- also see this example (morgamic)
- FFx/TBird 1507
- Tools and Infrastructure
- Chris Cooper rearranged the L10n build machines
- Continuing to improve litmus - added the ability to change result status after submission
- Turned on "make check" on trunk tinderboxes - many problems with invalid tests configured. Turned it back off
- Tracy got Eggplant working for Linux
- Community Activities
- Bug day last Tues. This Tuesday we are moving to region specific time frames.
- 1507 TBird community test day last Fri. 3 major contributors. 236 tests were run. Results.
- Stage move
- Maintenance window Tuesday
- Mozilla.com mail relay migration
- DMO move
- Intranet move (perf increase)
Product Management and Marketing Updates
- We are focused on building out web content and design updates for the mozilla.com site for Firefox 2, as well as building the content and layout for the new in-product web pages.
- We are also preparing for the press tour for Firefox 2, and creating the content to support the tour.
Community Giving progress - (Seth and Asa)
- contacting individuals for specific requests
- met with Frank and Gerv to discuss Foundation's Grants program and Community Giving program.
- actual giving to start this week.
Community research (Asa)
- developing some early metrics around the size of the Mozilla community and the contributions coming from different teams (both individual contributors and participating organizations.)
- having interviewed several candidates over the last two months, we're very close to making an offer to one for the position of Community Coordinator.
- Nutch/Search development continues.
- Doc support for Fx2 is estimated to be 95% complete.
- developer.mozilla.org has been added to the Urchin stats system, and IT has provided all the data for all of 2006. Still need to add js code to the MDC skins.
- Newsgroup summarization service is ready to launch -- waiting to see if Seneca students step forward to take on some of this work.
- Further work with Seneca re: possible student projects related to MDC.
- MDC Logo/Visual Design -- still waiting on initial proposals from RC. Visual refresh is pushed to Q4.
- Dria spent most of last week in TO in meetings, and will be in Seattle/MV next week for "An Event Apart" one-day conference and more meetings.
- DevRel team did not have a team meeting last week so there are no further details at this time.
- shaver & vlad present at first "Open Source Software Development With Mozilla" class at Seneca College
- you'll be seeing people asking various questions, in #seneca and elsewhere
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- Mocks mostly done
- Migration tests being written to ensure coverage for v1/v2->v3
- Met with Pascal about l10n concerns last week
- work on developer submission form progressing nicely (thanks to Justin Scott)
- ramping up public page development, staging in the next couple of weeks
- Firefox Party tool review this week (see mozilla/webtools/partytool)
- mozilla.com l10n
- Brief meeting about khan prototype, will continue to develop requirements.