- 1:00pm PST (21:00 UTC)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 866 879 4799 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- [Use *1 to mute yourself]
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking
- 1 In Attendance
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Product Management and Marketing Updates
- 4 Foundation Updates
- 5 Roundtable
- 6 Other Business
Fx/TB 126.96.36.199 + Fx 188.8.131.52
- Waiting for 2 more fixes to land
- Bug 353553 - Firefox crashes on certain png images used in the css cursor property [@ ntdll.dll + 0x11e58] [@ JS_ArenaAllocate]
- Bug 360493 - Cross-Site Forms + Password Manager = Security Failure
- RC1 builds will be started this afternoon and will be available for QA tomorrow.
- New build automation will be used for this release, so we might run into a few snags, but the Build team is prepared to handle any issues.
- Tentative release date still set for Thursday, December 14.
- Code and String freeze for beta 1 was met last night at midnight. The build team has kicked off the build release process for the beta.
- Respinning 1.9a1 for a crasher fix that snuck in with a late patch -- should be good to go other than that
- Bug 362554 has the release notes for 1.9a1 -- if there is anything that someone thinks *must* be in there, please send mail to beltzner immediately after this meeting. Otherwise, they're mostly done.
- Bouncer 2 migration - 184.108.40.206 auto updates
- Bugzilla staging and migration
- Migrating on 12/26 (tentative)
- AMS colo going live next week
- Stage migration continues - estimating week of 12/18
- Upcoming releases
- 1509: preed
- 2001: trf
- Gecko 1.9a1: rhelmer
- Tbird 2.0b1: rhelmer
- Bouncer2 Migration
- Migrating to Bouncer2 for the 2001/1509 release. This will be a phased rollout, so only updates for 2001 will be served from Bouncer2. Eventually, all product downloads and updates will be moved to the new Bouncer installation.
- Automation for 1509
- Using the automation that rhelmer has been working on for the 1509 release, so please bear with us as we work out issues related to using a new system for releases.
- Version Control System Update
- I'm currently working through complete imports of the Mozilla CVS repository into the two candidate systems, Bazaar and Mercurial. We'll have more to report as these imports complete and we have data about the repos.
- Test execution
- Verifying bug fixes for FFx/TBird 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
- Started to test Gecko 1.9 Alpha 1
- Planning meeting with mscott, rhelmer about build/test for TBird 2 Beta 1
- Test Development
- Tool and Infrastructure
- Tp Page load tools [alice]
- Integrated better css handling into the web page grabber (using a third party, custom built wget)
- Pulled 500 web pages to place in a zip file and circulate in QA (request by bc). This was a great test of the new grabber updates and of the cleaner tool.
- Fixed Litmus bug 355278: fix associations between testgroups, subgroups, testcases (associate directly with branches) [coop]
- Completed Talkback symbols backup automation with help of Aravind [jay]
- Tp Page load tools [alice]
- First in a series of blog posts about test tools [alice]
- Another Seneca test day was held Wednesday
- Gecko 1.9 Test day Fri Dec 1st
- Started work on Joomla template for QMO (was able to acquire documentation and template developer pack for free from joomlashack.com).
- Building a Vista test community. The mailing list is setup and an introductory communication to them. [marcia]
- Small round of phone interviews
- Looking for candidates for our user based testing of releases, to work with the Firefox development area, and to develop test tools and frameworks to improve our overall automation
Product Management and Marketing Updates
- Cbeard, Dria and Basil are working to put together an initial strawman feature plan based on all the inputs to date (brainstorming, Summit meetings, initial research, etc.)
- Once the strawman is complete, the core product planning team (Vlad, Mconnor, Beltzner, Schrep, et al.) will work to evolve the plan, after which it will be taken to key feature and module owners for further review and refinement.
- This will form the first solid draft of the product plan which will then be published to the wiki and dev.planning.
- Firefox Flicks to air on TV within the next 2 weeks in San Francisco and Boston. 60+ names were submitted by community members last week on a first-come, first-serve basis to appear at the end of each ad. The TV schedule will be made available soon via FirefoxFlicks and SpreadFirefox.
- Mark Finkle started last week, working to make extension developers' lives easier.
- Need to work out plans and needs for migration to Mediawiki 1.7, improvements to MDC infrastructure
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- mozilla europe is staged
- AMO deployment schedule set. See our meeting notes from last week for more details
- Dec 5th - Static content freeze for l10n.
- Dec 18th - Alpha (public preview)
- complete policy draft
- navigation complete, can click through everything
- install interaction
- basic forum conversation-create, etc.
- l10n finalized
- Jan 16th - Beta (public, user-facing plus developer/admin tools).
- First phase of Bouncer2 deployment set for Dec. 11th. See Deployment Page for details.