- 1:00pm PST (21:00 UTC)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 866 879 4799 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- [Use *1 to mute yourself]
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking
- 1 In Attendance
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Product Management and Marketing Updates
- 4 Foundation Updates
- 5 Roundtable
- 6 Other Business
Fx/TB 18.104.22.168 + Fx 22.214.171.124
- Firefox 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 released on Friday 2/23
- An amazing job by everyone involved to push through a long, difficult road to get this release out.
- Some 184.108.40.206 users will fail software update due to read-only file issues from 220.127.116.11, but we need fix an issue asap that is preventing many other users from updating to 18.104.22.168. Plan is to serve complete.mars so users with modified builds can successfully run software update (is currently failing with partial.mars)
- Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 scheduled for release on Thursday 3/1
- QA is finishing up testing and bug verification this week
- Partner builds update
- Firefox 126.96.36.199 partner updates almost ready - eta: Tue 2/27
- New Kodak 188.8.131.52 build almost ready - eta: Thur 3/1
- Firefox 184.108.40.206 partner builds and updates are on hold until we resolve the issue with migration and default start pages.
- Major Update update
- Due to schedule slippage with 220.127.116.11, we need to decide on the best time to serve the major update. Mid/late March might be our earliest target.
- QA had previously tested 18.104.22.168 -> 22.214.171.124, but will need to retest for 126.96.36.199 -> 188.8.131.52 and verify that things work well on Vista.
- Extending the Thunderbird 2 Deadline one week to 03/06 for Vista Integration, spotlight search integration and several bugs identified by Mozilla Japan.
- Weekly Meetings are now scheduled - participation welcomed. Next week's meeting info.
- Revised Product Plan and requirements document published
- Sunbird/Lightning 0.3.1 maintenance release to handle US (and elsewhere) Daylight Savings Time changes shipped on 2/19.
- Remora performance testing
- 184.108.40.206/220.127.116.11 release
- In addition to the releases we're working on...
- Still working with IT on off-hours Tinderbox support; hopefully we'll have more to announce on that next week.
- Coop and IT have been working hard on getting more Macs for Community builds; we're working through the authentication issues to ensure those machines have access to the resources they'll need. We're likely to need some Tinderbox changes, so if you're a SeaMonkey, Lighting/Sunbird, and/or Thunderbird tinderbox hacker, and you can help us with these changes, the prize will be your very own Macs. See bug 371816 for details.
- In March, we'll be focusing on build automation work; we're tracking this work in bug 355309. If any of those bugs sound interesting, or you're interested in helping out, check out the bug, or mosey into #build.
- Test Execution
- FFx 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 release. Bug fix verification, locale and updates testing, live updates testing, 2002 de locale partial update troubleshooting, etc. [Jay, juanb, others]
- Special partner testing [tchung, coop, timr]
- Test Development
- Worked on search plugin checker. Wrote most of a link verifier script to read the logs generated and confirm that the locales are correct [alice]
- Test Infrastructure
- Buildbot test infrastructure [robcee]
- Moved buildbox result to main tinderbox page
- The new testing infrastructure cased a tree closure due to a test failures. It works!
- bug 370211: worked on integrating test runs into the "Run Tests" process -> fixed criteria display and db handling [coop]
- Test harnesses
- Good start on the reftest document: "Your first RefTest" unit test [ray]
- Buildbot test infrastructure [robcee]
Product Management and Marketing Updates
- Continuing launch prep work for Thunderbird 2.
- Getting ready for two events in March: South by Southwest Interactive Festival and Etech.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- Load testing showed great improvements
- improved l10n queries that were killing the database
- added memcache to speed things up even more
- results ultimately showed improvement from 7 load -> .4 load for 100 requests/s
- Working with community to test public and developer pages
- This week working on database re-migration and widespread user testing
- AMO Schedule
- Re-migrate current db and lock down v1/v2 database to be read-only
- Start a week of beta testing on 03/01
- Bug triage for "final" deployment on 03/08
- Deployment set for 03/15, to allow time for general fixes from beta testing