- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 4, 2007)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- [Use *1 to mute yourself]
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking
Use "*1" (including the star) to mute yourself if desired, to keep phone noise down.
- 1 In Attendance
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Product Management and Marketing Updates
- 4 Foundation Updates
- 5 Roundtable
- 6 Other Business
- Code freeze is scheduled for this Friday 04/20, but there are still about 60 open blocker bugs on the 1.8 branch, a superset of 1.8.0. Please look at your 18.104.22.168/22.214.171.124 bugs.
- Major Updates will likely be pushed out until after 126.96.36.199/188.8.131.52 ships. We'll gather after the staff meeting to discuss why and how we will get there.
- Thunderbird 2 scheduled for release later this week!
- Several summer of code students will be contributing to Thunderbird and Seamonkey mail this summer. Welcome to Nick, Damitha and Markus! See the thunderbird newsgroup for more information.
- On-site last week
- IT worked last week on getting the Mercurial repository set up at hg.mozilla.org; we're now working through the CVS import issues; we've run into a couple of issues, so we'll post to the newsgroups when a clone will give a coherent copy of the import. Expect that definitely this week, hopefully today.
- I'll be posting a proposal to change the process around cutting release branches; I'll be posting that to the newsgroups, but it's likely to affect how Seamonkey, Thunderbird, and other products release, so be looking for that.
- Q1 On-site meetings and team building event - the Bug City Rollers looked good in their bowling shirts ;-)
- Thunderbird 2 testing wrapup - marcia + team
- Firefox 184.108.40.206/220.127.116.11 test planning - juan
- Firefox 3 initial QA assignments set - tony
- Firefox Major Update test planning - jay/juan
- Continued topcrash analysis - ss
- Hendrix feedback monitoring - team
- QMO logo/design creative brief outline completed - jay
- Buildbot progress - robcee/alice/coop
- Litmus bug fixes - coop
Product Management and Marketing Updates
- Continuing work on eBay partner marketing, nearing beta release.
- Productive customer service discussion last week during all-hands.
- We presented events plan last week at all-hands, hope to finalize later this week.
- Draft OSCON plan in review.
- We are working with three Stanford grad student teams on various marketing projects this quarter.
- Welcome Melissa Shapiro, starting today as PR Manager.
- Stanford's d.school program underway.
- Firefox Flicks at Magnify.net beta underway.
- Work is ongoing on getting things ready to roll out an MDC update to MediaWiki 1.9.3, so that user signups can be re-enabled.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
Last week we spent most of our time at on-site like everyone else. Accomplished:
- Productive AMO postmortem so we can apply what we've learned to upcoming web projects
- AMO action items for next 3 months, first steps of our long-term plans
- Demystification of AUS (well, maybe)
- Fixed a software issue during the week w/ IT that reduced load significantly
- Decided to setup drupal demo for the mozilla.com CMS
- Moz-EU cms is underway (bug 375049
- 13 languages on AMO and 3-4 more ready to go with next push