- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 4, 2007)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking and backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
- Shipped Fx 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199 Major Updates Wed (9/12)
- Stats TBD
- A problem was reported last week which required a fire drill release, Fx 2007 (188.8.131.52 + one fix)
- The problem is described here:
- Fixed and tested over the weekend, and updates were pushed to beta users.
- We are releasing Firefox 2007 as soon as today, Monday (9/17).
- M8 waiting on QA signoff
- Upcoming features landing post M8 will be announced tonight
- Ongoing triage/approvals taking place
- Stage work continues, migration starting this week. We'll announce any downtime.
- Taking over support of QA buildbot/talos machines. We'll have a formal announcement and wiki page, but file bugs just as you normally would against robcee, but assign them to IT/server-ops.
- This round of kernel updates are (finally) done.
- FF2007 on beta channel since Sunday noon.
- automation improved turnaround time, but not yet human free!
- gecko19a8 being tested, still on track for tomorrow
- bug triage tomorrow
- FFx 184.108.40.206 Major Update testing. This is the update from 220.127.116.11 -> 18.104.22.168. Ran CJKT Major Update tests. Created Extended Tests for Major Update in Litmus and ran them. Updated 1.5.0.x -> 2.0.0.x Major Update test plan. [abillings, juanb, tomcat, others]
- FFx 22.214.171.124 firedrill release. Created a new test plan for 126.96.36.199 firedrill release. Ran Smoketests for Linux for new 188.8.131.52 release. Ran live update tests for Beta channel for new 184.108.40.206 release. [abillings, juanb, tomcat, others]
- FFx 220.127.116.11 (was 18.104.22.168) triage. Tested Romanian as new locale to get it out of beta and into 2.0.0.x. [abillings, juanb, tomcat]
- FFx 3. Continued tiger team testing. Lots of M8 testing, including regressed and verified FF3 Places bugs. [abillings, tomcat, juanb, marcia, many others]
- Finished last of the Partner Major Updates to 2.0.0.x [tomcat]
- Tested funnelcake [tracy]
- Executed normal JS runs on qamini01 and qamini02. Worked through known failure list changes due to change in OS at Seneca. [bc]
- Working on triaging and creating test cases bugs tagged "in-litmus?"
Test tools and Infrastructure
- Talos: Upgraded ubuntu01/03 to talos2, up and working. Created script to auto-generate the chrome/components directories needed to install the new pageloader. Rewrote talos config file to work cross platform [alice] Setup many more Talos slaves bug 395931, bug 395932 [bhearsum]. Ran baselines to verify regression on qm-pxp01 bug 396064, bug 395775 [robcee]
- Minotaur: Code was reviewed and checked in [ctalbert]
- QAX: (QA testing eXtention) - code was checked in [benh, ctalbert]
- Downgraded Twisted on unittest and talos buildbots to fix a logging error bug 395966 [robcee]
- FFx 3 Places testday occurred on Friday, Sept 14th.
Quicktime to Firefox issue mitigated in 22.214.171.124
Window speaking at SecureWorld on Wednesday
- Mozilla24 was a huge success, thanks to everyone who participated, and especially to everyone who worked tirelessly behind the scenes to make it possible!
- Firefox 3 developer docs are becoming terrifyingly close to complete, should be all good by the time we hit beta; see the documentation plan for details. Find things that are missing from the list, and help developers get the most out of all the hard work that is going into Gecko 1.9 and Firefox 3!
- Software Freedom Day at UNC
- Career Fair at CMU
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- Breakpad staging updated, push to prod today/tomorrow
- Set up live chat test for Mozilla Support (needs VPN currently)
- Working on scalability for support app w/ community
- Java Console extension issues resolved
- AUS patch for m8/m9
- first crack @ plugin check, trying to wrap up before 126.96.36.199
- /extensions and /themes are gone off the FTP rsync -- old AMO files were migrated to /addons. Deleting the old dir saved 2.6G off the rsync.
- Working on protocol app review w/ ctalbert (mainly phpical right now) code is here and schedule is here
- Patched Bouncer for locale support, working on file checks and geo-ip matching next see Bouncer bugs for more info
- Laura Thomson starting, morgamic on-site week of 24th
- Legal/IP issues
- Grants and related activities
- The Mozilla Foundation will be sponsoring two representatives to the CalConnect events in Boston September 17-21.
- The Foundation will be sponsoring one person to the Mozilla accessibility summit in Boston October 5. (The Mozilla Corporation is providing general sponsorship for the summit, including travel sponsorship for other attendees.)
- LWN did an article on Mozilla-related Summer of Code projects, including one mentored by Gerv.
- Web sites
- David continued work on open&id=395669 getting old www.mozilla.org content archived.
- Zak gave a presentation for Mozilla 24.