- 1:00pm Pacific time (21:00 UTC until March 9, 2008)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Foundation Updates
- 4 Roundtable
- 5 Other Business
Carsten Book (Tomcat) nominates Marcia Knous for her "ongoing airmozilla support and for bringing mozilla live to the community." Absolutely! Great work, Marcia!
Fx 126.96.36.199 / TB 188.8.131.52
Firefox 184.108.40.206 is still scheduled to be released on February 5.
Code freeze for this release is set for this Friday. If you're a developer who owns bugs or has reviews for this release, please spend time this week working on patches and reviews.
After Firefox 220.127.116.11, we're looking at doing a Thunderbird 18.104.22.168 sometime in February. We're also looking at doing a Firefox and Thunderbird major update to bring more users off of the 1.5.0.x line.
- Nothing But Fx3: 24 P1s, 148 P2s, 185 P3s.
- 23 P1s, 59 P2s
- awesomebar++ test builds available
- getting closer to freeze for beta 3
- China - mozillaonline, mozilla.com, mozilla.org is being QA'd, mirror this week
- Denmark office up
- Breakpad maintenance completed, working on load testing for FF3
- New spreadfirefox launched (last few weeks), working on performance tuning
- New hire - Mark Smith
- mock FF2->FF3 major update going ok so far; bits were handed to QA late Friday
- mothballing 1.8.0 build machines, see bug 411341 for details.
- preparing for FF3.0beta3.
Firefox 22.214.171.124 [ss- project lead, abillings-qa lead]
- This is in bug triage and bug fix verification right now.
- Updated the release checklist
- Testing new features: Places [abillings], added litmus test cases for privacy/security (page info cookie handling) [tomcat]
- Found regression in Places (bug 411989) [marcia, tomcat]
- Filed topcrash report based on Socorro topcrash list [ss]
- Verified fixed assertion bugs with debug Builds [tomcat]
- Continuing to test for memory leaks. Created a test plan. Filed 29! new Leak Bugs since last week! Tracking Bug bug 402335. Created Leak Testing How-To for extension devs and others [tomcat]
- Investigated qawanted bugs [marcia]
- Investigated a11y bug 411920, having to do with the fact that two new constants Mozilla offers for getting Text at a given offset, would not work on Linux. Turns out to be a problem in the Gnome Accessibility Toolkit (ATK).
- With the fix for A11y bug 408997, Thunderbird is now an alternative e-mail and news client on Linux for those needing accessibility aids. This was the last known blocker that made Thunderbird unusable previously.
- FFx 3 Download Manager test day was held on Fri, Jan 11th. See results.
- We ran the Air Mozilla live broadcast last week as Rainer couldn't make it. [marcia, ctalbert, tomcat]
Test Development and Tools
- ongoing js test maintenance
- mac throttling hopefully fixed, still testing
- qm-winxp01 orange all weekend, still orange, what up?
- leopard machine online, orange
- win2k3 machines ready for imaging, leak testing bug 397724
Test development, tools
- minotaur character encoding bug fixed bug 407768
- litmus improvements
- Import of in-product content started (will continue this week)
(polvi giving update, remote)
- other updates on the blog of metrics
- Extension Updating
- Working with a few extension developers on updating
- Compiling a list of common update issues
- Reviewing buglist of extension compatibility issues
- More docs for features (MDC and blogging)
- Extend Firefox
- Working with judges over next 2 weeks to evaluate entries.
- Hoping to announce winners at the end of January and launch Extend Firefox 3 in February.
- Thanks to fligtar for help with Personas site fixes.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- Breakpad partitions created, old data archived -- fixed bug 411432
- Some work left this week for optimizing reporter queries to avoid unnecessary table scans
- Evaluated applications for the PHP5/RHEL5 migration
- Added/fixed AMO features/bugs see list
- Worked on new mozilla.com design
- Worked on new dev stats panel for AMO, which will use a patched version of MIT's timeplot library (it's gonna be hot)
- Grants and related activities.
- CAs and related issues
- Frank started going through the EV-related CA applications to see which were most ready for approval.
- Public communications
- Frank was out part of the week on family business, and also lost some time dealing with system problems affecting email.
- Upcoming activities
- David will be moving out to California Very Soon Now.
- Frank is planning to attend the Freedom to Connect conference March 31 and April 1, 2008 in Silver Spring MD, and at least part of the CSUN conference March 10-15 in Los Angeles CA.
- Zak will be speaking at the Southern California Linux Expo February 8-10, the PHP Quebec Conference March 12-14, and other events later in 2008.