- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 2, 2008)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Foundation Updates
- 4 Roundtable
- 5 Other Business
Johnathan Nightingale nominated Kai Engert as a friend of the tree, "for his basically single-handed maintenance of the PSM module. Obviously he leans on people like Bob R for reviews, but the responsiveness and dedication he shows is really exceptional, and helps many mozilla-based projects."
Fx 18.104.22.168 / TB 22.214.171.124
QA is finishing up testing of RC1 of Firefox 126.96.36.199. We're tentatively planning on shipping Firefox 188.8.131.52 to our 'beta' channel tomorrow afternoon (on schedule). Tracking a couple of bugs to see if we need to respin. Will know more this afternoon.
Release drivers met last Thursday and scheduled Thunderbird 184.108.40.206. More details are on the wiki.
- Thunderbird 3.0a1 underway. Primary goal: get back in a more agile development mode by actually releasing. Code freeze planned for 23:59 PDT, April 22nd. See Thunderbird:Thunderbird 3.0a1 for more details.
- blocking & wanted flags for 3.0 and 3.0a1 have been created. driving of these flags is about to begin.
- Tue, Mar 18th @11:59 PM PST is both the beta 5 freeze as well as the date/time we will no longer grant approvals for non-blocking bugs for those people who could be working on blockers.
- 34 P1s, These are bugs that require a beta cycle due to risk:
- GFX: 2
- JS: 4
- Layout: 5
- Content: 7
- Platform: 10
- SVG: 8
- General: 1
- beta 5 freeze is tomorrow night
- 8 P1s remaining, should be able to hit freeze target
- 46 blockers fixed since last week
- AMO migration happening tomorrow
- Bugzilla fixes are done, deploying this week
- Disable Old Target Milestones
- Make "show last search results" store the last five searches correctly
- Visually Distinguish Patches
- Microsummaries for Bug Lists
- Sort bug lists on the client side
- Per-Product Multi-Select field: cf_fixed_in
- Canned Reports and Searches
- Mozilla Messaging gear up and racked (pics to come)
- Stage migration failed - found another crash, working with the dev to fix asap
- Talos downtime later this week
- Stage migration saga continues
- group gathering 31mar - 04apr
Firefox 3 [QA lead-tchung]
- Completed Beta 4 testing for the release last week. Identified a stop ship issue with Hebrew Mac build.
- Beta 5 Test plan created.
- Worked on the scheduling of B5, RC's, and final release with joduinn, schrep, beltzner, mconnor, damon. This is from the Build, QA, and general Engineering perspective. We still need to fold in the scheduling issues of those outside Engineering. [tchung, timr]
- Fixed bug 192631 - Animated images stop animating after Print / Print Preview. [mw22]
- Helped Developer dbaron reproduce the Yahoo Mail crash which was on the top crashes that was tracked during the B4 release [marcia]
- Tested new features including Content Handling. [marcia, ctalbert]
Firefox 220.127.116.11 - [Proj lead-ss, QA Lead=abillings]
- Smoketests, spot checks, l10n checks, bug verifications. [abillings, stephend, juan]
Webdev testing [stephend] Remora - Verified 15 bugs
- Mozilla.com - Made good testing progress testing various pages
- MarcoZ attended CSUN - Accessibility/Persons with Disabilies Conference in Los Angeles.See his report
- QA Companion (QAC) was publicly released on AMO!!! [jay, ctalbert]
- Separating Help (tutorials, how-tos, references) and Support (troubleshooting) articles to provide a better search experience for people coming from in-product help
- Work on updating articles for Firefox 3, while still supporting Firefox 2
- Working on performance problems on support.mozilla.com
- Mozilla Anniversary SF Gathering on 3/31:
- 111 Minna
- 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- rsvp: anniversary -at- mozilla -dot- com
- First Firefox 3 launch community marketing program - contest closed for new entries Sunday night
- Almost 2,000 submissions and over 3,300 group members!
- Next step: selecting top 5 finalists
- Spectator is live on AMO, ~30 active users
- Hired Daniel Einspanjer
- Stanford students coming in tomorrow to present - 11am tomorrow
- Updates and corrections for Firefox 3 are ongoing.
- We now have documentation for how to create a login manager storage module, as well as for the interfaces involved in doing so.
- Watching several bugs that may involve late-compatibility changes that will require documentation updates.
- Tests are now at a 95% confidence level.
- Working now to reduce noise level to a reasonable level.
- Extend Firefox 3 will launch tonight, updated prizes and categories for both New and Updated extensions to be unveiled.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- AMO 3.2 down to 17 bugs
- PHP5 migration rescheduled to 3/18 (moved from last thursday to allow for more testing)
- Breakpad processor refactoring -- fixed mutual exclusion method and scheduling/queuing of pending reports -- finished by Wednesday, currently testing
- Plugins -- met about install.js compatibility and blocklisting
- Plugin blocklisting and PFS installerLocation/installerHash support; will roll out with 3.2
- Claim your add-on developer shirt by tomorrow!
- Grants and related activities
- Frank worked on new grants (recently approved); no public announcements yet.
- CAs and related issues
- Public communication
- David continued work on www.mozilla.org changes and the proposed new Mozilla T-shirt, as well as other internal (for now) projects.
- Conferences and events
- Frank attended the CSUN conference for one day and worked at the Mozilla booth. Thanks go to David for helping to get stuff shipped to CSUN, and to all the people who did booth duty at CSUN: Mick Curran, Joanie Diggs, Eitan Isaacson, Steve Lee, Chris Leung, Jamie Teh, and (last not least) Marco Zehe.
- Zak spoke at the PHP Quebec Conference March 12-14,
- Frank is planning to attend the Freedom to Connect conference March 31 and April 1, 2008 in Silver Spring MD, and (if possible) the Berkman@10 conference May 15-16 in Boston MA.
- Zak will be speaking at the Go Open conference April 8 and 9, 2008, in Oslo, the Leadership by (Open) Innovation in the Telecom, IT and Media Industries conference April 24 in Munich, and other events later in 2008.