- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 2, 2008)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Foundation Updates
- 4 Roundtable
- 5 Other Business
Schrep nominated Put Kai as Friend of the Tree this week. "He's been super responsive on some last minute bugs." says Schrep.
Daniel Holbert nominated Michal Novotny (firstname.lastname@example.org), who "braved some particularly scary layout code to both fix and make a regression test for bug 421710."
Fx 220.127.116.11 / TB 18.104.22.168
Aiming to ship Firefox 22.214.171.124 tomorrow afternoon. Planning to meet this week to determine when we'll ship Thunderbird 126.96.36.199.
- Thunderbird:Thunderbird 3.0a1 still scheduled to have code freeze 23:59 PDT, April 22 (1 week from tomorrow).
- Use blocking-thunderbird3.0a1? flag to nominate serious bugs for fixing
- davida & dmose in Hamburg for Mozilla Calendar meeting; we'll both be less available last half of this week & first half of next
- 56 Blockers remaining for RC
- Still 3 unowned blockers.
- Approximately 40 have patches of some sort.
- Blockers closed in last seven days by platform team: 37
- Blockers created in last seven days: 18
- Current blockers/noms
- 43 Blockers fixed in the last week
- 19 new blockers added
- Key risk areas:
No update this week
- Firefox 188.8.131.52/14 releases
- Dekiwiki setup - working to test
- SUMO load testing
- MXR upgraded - working through fallout issues
- FF184.108.40.206 shipping tomorrow
- getting ready for FF3.0rc1
- discussion on dev.planning about 3.0 release candidate naming strategy.
- TB220.127.116.11 officially abandoned; TB18.104.22.168 being scheduled
- win32 PGO unittest saga continues, but looking better - see bug 420073 for details.
- Completed BFT, smoketests, l10n, and Beta Update testing [abillings, juanb]
- Bug Verification in preparation for RC1 [tomcat and others]
- Feature testing:
- Troubling shooting bug 427938 regarding phishing protection [tomcat]
- Places queries tests were checked in! Baseline places queries. more to be finished ad need to pass. Will check in when bugs are fixed. [ctalbert]
- Created a test-tracking grid with tables showing the Places query API tests.
- Microformats testing is in progress. Submitted tests for review. bug 427457 [ctalbert]
- Protocol Handling: Default handlers are almost ready for landing. google, yahoo, search boxes, etc. Ready so when protocol handing code lands tests will be available. See handy page with link to handlers. [ctalbert]
- A11y: Landed bug 427259, which restores functionality of traditional screen readers to read dialogs. Landed bug 424656 which restores reading of the Bookmarks folder contents in the "Library" dialog under Linux.[marcoz]
Web Dev testing [stephend]
- Worked on Remora v3.21. Verified 18 Remora bugs
- bc and robcee improved the Sisyphus reporting to new to new Buildbot master. Net step is the classification scheme and changing the known failure format. That is the major stumbling block for the use of the system by others.
- Minotaur - Worked on getting Minotaur to query the protocol handlers - fixed and landed bug 396132
- Created first TryServer build to help the Community test a patch [tomcat]
- QMO Redesign - Received final template files on Sat. 4/12; reviewed them over the weekend... they look great! [jay]
- Test day was held on Friday test day. The topic is feature testing and bug fix verification. We didn't focus on litmus tests but there are some results there.
- Symantec Internet Security Threat Report
- Two security articles in USA Today - one in print and the other on a blog post
- NYT article: When Tech Innovation Has a Social Mission and then picked up on /. as well
- Window interviewed by Mario Armstrong on NPR - (archived broadcast not posted yet)
- And just for fun, two Firefox logo links from Neatorama - one in space and one on a bus in India
- LUGRadio: Update from anyone?
- Fa La Cosa Giusta, April 11 - 13: Mozilla Italia hosted a booth. Pix here.
- FISL, April 17 - 19: Overview of Mozilla activities here.
- SUMO Day last Friday was a success
- More than three times the number of modified articles in the Knowledge Base
- Lots of new people in the #sumo channel
- Great feedback collected
- sethb wrote a blog post about his experience with Mozilla Live Chat!
- English (en-US) Firefox 3 documentation "done"
- No updates
- Continuing to carefully monitor bugs to find and deal with last-minute documentation revisions for Firefox 3.
- We now have a schedule for the MDC Deki Wiki transition: Migrating to Deki.
- sethb and asa continue to look at and create metrics measuring community contribution to FF3.
- sethb and djst are working on reaching out to Mozilla's support community. look for some creative ways to get involved
- sethb and deb are working with Stas (community member in Poland) on ways to gather feedback on the Mozilla newsletter
- blizzard went to both the Linux Collaboration Summit and LugRadio Live and did presentations at both. Took part in many discussions around GNOME Mobile and told our mobile story in lots of different contexts.
- jresig got Dromaeo released early, by Digg. Oops.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- Perf improvements for SUMO
- Breakpad processor work -- delay down to 5 min, deploying patch to reduce to 30-60s this week
- Breakpad reporter -- aggregate/summary table scripts ready, reporter update to use these tables in progress (will speed up all topcrash reports)
- AMO -- read through feedback, blogged a bit, did 3.4 triage
Updates going out tomorrow night:
- AMO 3.2.1 -- closed this week, updates tomorrow night
- Other AMO -- blocklist support for plugins, PFS support for external installers deployed tomorrow night as well (this will unblock any pending plugin blocklist requests) -- thanks to Tony for his help testing/debugging
- AUS -- config update for new trunk version pushed tomorrow night
- Grants and related activities
- CAs and related issues
- Frank corresponded with some people who can potentially help with processing CA applications, and set up some calls to discuss next steps.
- Public communication
- David did more work on revising the www.mozilla.org site, including updating the "About" page.
- Frank was out almost all week taking care of family medical matters.
- Upcoming activities
- Zak will be speaking at the Leadership by (Open) Innovation in the Telecom, IT and Media Industries conference April 24 in Munich, and other events later in 2008.
- Frank is planning to attend the Berkman@10 conference May 15-16 in Boston MA and the Personal Democracy Forum conference June 23-24 in New York NY if possible.