- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Lightning Talks
- 5 Status Updates By Team
- 5.1 Firefox
- 5.2 Gecko
- 5.3 Branch work: Firefox 3.5.x / Firefox 3.6.x / Thunderbird 3.0.x
- 5.4 Old Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x
- 5.5 Thunderbird
- 5.6 SeaMonkey
- 5.7 Mobile
- 5.8 IT
- 5.9 Release Engineering
- 5.10 QA
- 5.11 Security
- 5.12 Marketing/PR
- 5.13 Support
- 5.14 Metrics
- 5.15 Evangelism
- 5.16 Labs
- 5.17 Developer Tools
- 5.18 Add-ons
- 5.19 Webdev
- 5.20 L10n
- 6 Introducing New Hires
- 7 Foundation Updates
- 8 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting
Tomcat wrote in, "I want to nominate bc (bob clary) for all his help in getting reproducible crashes/crashkill!"
Ryan Doherty nominates Shae Rivard for his help supporting Personas before, during and after the 3.6 launch. Also nominating Donna Macomber, Toby Elliott and 'VanillaOrchids' for their help reviewing thousands of personas during and after the 3.6 launch.
Put upcoming events here, with dates if possible. Are there any brown bags scheduled for this week? Software releases scheduled for this month?
Previously on "Mozilla"...
- Firefox 3.6 Released! (Thursday, Jan 21)
- smoothest release to date, everyone was ready to roll
- live broadcast on Air Mozilla was seen by more than 200 people
- over 12M downloads since release, over 5% of Firefox users on this version
- extremely positive press reaction to all key features
Monday, January 25
- Mozilla Messaging all-hands in Mountain View Monday - Wednesday this week
Tuesday, January 26
- Brown bag at 12:00pm PST about real estate
- Mozilla Labs night, starting 6pm
- Seedcamp presentations (European startups, Seedcamp is equivalent of Y! Combinator)
- Jay to talk about Mobile Strategy
- Labs/AMO lightning talk updates
- There will be food, but only if you RSVP on the Meetup page
Wednesday, January 27
- Privacy Forum (10am - 3pm PST)
- In conjunction with the upcoming FTC privacy roundtable in Berkeley, will be discussing Mozilla's views on privacy including engineering, organizational, and legal perspectives (and how those are intertwined here at Moz). Will spend significant time on working groups generating variables and settings within those for use in privacy policies across the web. The outside invitees are largely lawyers, but the point is to have a cross-lawyer-engineer-everyone discussion and working groups. Please come and have your opinion heard and incorporated into the deliverable. Questions? Ask Julie or Aza.
Thursday, January 28
- Contribute group meeting at 11 pacific
- A forum for anyone from across the community to talk about how to find people interested in their projects and how to help those people become contributors.
- Brown Bag at 12:30pm PST
- Murali Nandigama and the QA team are presenting their research findings on the risk associated with code changes (as a result of bug fixes in the year 2009) in Mozilla Firefox.
Friday, January 29
Coming up on "Mozilla"...
Starting this week, we'll have a timer showing each speaker how long they have left to speak. The limit will be 3 minutes per speaker.
Status Updates By Team
Branch work: Firefox 3.5.x / Firefox 3.6.x / Thunderbird 3.0.x
Old Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x
Last Couple Weeks
No updates this week.
Introducing New Hires
Please welcome Julie Choi who is joining Add-Ons.