« previous week | index | next week »
Video for today's meeting
Friends of the Tree
Monday, 19 April
Tuesday, 20 April
Wednesday, 21 April
Thursday, 22 April
- Design Lunch at 12:30pm Pacific time: Alexander Limi talks about users' pet peeves with the Firefox interface.
Friday, 23 April
- Join us for a Weave Test Day hosted by Mozilla QA
- If you can't make it, please start dog-fooding Weave, file bugs and give the Weave team your feedback
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
||Website Optimization Results
|Blog of Metrics
|The new SUMO: What and Why
|100 Paper Cuts
|An overview of the issues causing the most day-to-day friction for Firefox users
|Attend the Design Lunch talk on Thursday!
Status Updates By Team
As always, planet firefox has your hookups. This week though, the most awesome thing you can get involved with is trying out the 3.6.4 betas with OOPP support. Find someone in #fx-team to help out, if you don't know how!
Branch work: Firefox 3.5.x / Firefox 3.6.x / Thunderbird 3.0.x
- we shipped Firefox 3.6.4 release candidates as an opt-in update to users on the beta channel last Friday
- contains out of process plugins code that shipped in "Lorentz" the week before
- we know that we'll need a second release candidate before we ship wider
- we appreciate all the testing our users have been doing
- still working on a schedule for Firefox 3.5.10, hope to ship it on the same day as Firefox 3.6.4 around mid-May
Old Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x
- Completed NetApp OS Upgrades on Saturday (bug 502151)
- Manually failed a number of sites over sites to Phoenix
- Ran into a couple "gotchas" in the process
- Took advantage of this outage window to:
- database maintenance (bug 550828
people.mozilla.com:/home to a larger volume
- Mountain View Office Internet Connectivity issues (04/15/2010)
- AT&T suffered an outage in their Sunnyvale POP that affected the office Internet connection. For reasons we understand now, the firewall didn't manually fail to our backup RF connection.
- Talos machines at 650 Castro were offline until we were able to manually fail over and bring up additional bandwidth.
http://developer.mozilla.org performance issues.
- Have been having problems with the underlying DekiWiki software. Attempted to upgrade (bug 531977) to resolve but eventually had to rollback
- Working with MindTouch on fixes
- SJC Zeus cluster & "Out of socket buffers"
- This is mostly an annoyance to IT/Ops, not end user affecting (for the most part)
- Working with Zeus on troubleshooting and getting a fix.
- We are, however, holding off on moving more sites off the Netscaler until we understand and have a fix for this issue.
- releng work week in Toronto this week
- unittests now running on 10.6 64-bit
- finished roll-out of new Dromaeo suite
- IT planned netapp downtime this past weekend
- if any systems are missing, please let us know
- QA Highlites
- Desktop Firefox QA
- Shipped Firefox 3.6.4 Beta opt-in
- Shipped 3.7a4
- Mobile QA
- QA signed off 1.1b1 testing on friday
- Testday on friday. See below
- Web QA
- AMO 5.9 went live on 04/13
- QA Services
- Testday for Mobile Firefox 1.1 results here
Automation & Tools
- Crossweave Automation (Weave Thick client automation) can now do bookmark syncing and verification using Weave. Still blocked on getting an automatic way to create IDs against the staging server.
- Many improvements to the TopFails site:
- Better UI
- Ability to expose data as JSON for future inclusion in other tools
- Beginning design to manage different branches/projects
- Thanks for all your feedback!
- Working out a system for the crash automation/valgrind workers to share builds to reduce the amount of disk space that will be needed for full rollout of crash automation system
- Can now reboot an Android development board from the Android Test Agent
- More details are always here.
- ROFLCon II April 30 - May 1, 2010; Boston, MA. We have a join sponsorship with the Mozilla Foundation and will be live streaming and archiving the event with HTML5 open video.
- Processing.js Boston - April 10-11, 2010; Boston, MA. Putting together an event with the Processing.js team.
- e27 echelon 2010 June 1-2, 2010; Singapore. Gen will be participating in this event.
- LinuxTag 2010 June 9-12, 2010; funding from Mozilla Europe is secured; Mozilla staff and community will manage a 12m2 booth at Europe's largest Linux tech fair; Tristan Nitot, Paul Rouget and Brian King all confirmed to give keynote talks; Carsten Book and WQ leading community outreach and organization
- GUADEC 2010 - July 24-30, 2010; Netherlands. We are sponsoring at the bronze level. No Mozilla talks scheduled.
- Open Video Conference 2010 - Looking over sponsorship opportunities.
- BlogHer '10 - August 6-7, 2010 - Looking into sponsorship opportunities.
- Renegade Craft Fair Chicago 2010 - September 11-12, 2010 - Looking into sponsorship opportunities.
- Reviewed the open l10n request and we are likely to add some more languages to Firefox
- Gandalf working on waiting the Jetpack API and hacking on the Pontoon tool for l10n
- Stas coming to MV next week
- Launched an l20n Google Group and will be posting some of our first posts there to decide on final file formats for the new l20n way to localize code.
- Hopeful Q2 goal, land l20n on tree
Introducing New Hires
- Welcome Anurag Phadke! Anurag joins the Metrics team and will be helping Daniel with our data systems and architecture.