- 1 No Meeting this week. See you September 9th!
- 2 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 2.1 Friends of the Tree
- 2.2 Upcoming Events
- 2.3 Product Status Updates (voice updates)
- 2.4 Speakers
- 3 Roundtable
- 4 Welcome!
- 5 <meta>
- 5.1 Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
No Meeting this week. See you September 9th!
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Monday, 02 September
- MAKER PARTY: London, UK: Campus Party is an annual week long, 24-hours-a-day technology festival where thousands of “Campuseros” (hackers, developers, gamers and technophiles) equipped with laptops camp on-site and immerse themselves in a truly unique environment.
- MAKER PARTY: Flintstone, USA: Web designers generally post a "Hello World!" statement when they create their first page. "Hello World!" workshop will help potential webmakers create their first page. They will go over the process of signing up with a (free) host, downloading an FTP client and uploading your first real index page. Think of it as a quick glance at intro to web design. Afterwards, they will look into expanding upon their web site, including what kind of site they'd like to build. Whether it's informational, member based or ecommerce, they can get the open-source tools to build it.
Tuesday, 03 September
- MAKER PARTY: Tamil Nadu, India: WebConnect will teach the web technology, how to build the webpage, and how to host and manage a website.
Wednesday, 04 September
Thursday, 05 September
- Manager Hacking - 9am PT - More Info
- Topic: Selecting Your Communication Style
- Open to all
- (MTV) 10 Forward, (SF) 7-Forward, (TOR) TOR-Commons , Remote - Vidyo or Air Mozilla
- 12pm UTC - deadline for Bugzilla 1,000,000 Bug Sweepstake community contest. Do enter before then!
- MAKER PARTY: East Java, Indonesia: STIKOM Firefox Club Webmaker Event will teach participants on how to make a profile from web using mozilla technology. Participats will also learn of Open Source Application from Linux User Group STIKOM Surabaya.
Friday, 06 September
- MAKER PARTY: Bangalore, India: Two-day Maker Party: Bangalore 2013 (Hive Pop-up event) workshop to Explore, Create & Share!
- MAKER PARTY: Makati City, Philippines: Maker Party Valero will help participants start creating something on the Web or teach others with the help of Mozilla's Webmaker tools! Start learning about the Web and start learning how we can teach everyone, regardless of professional/academic background, to become part of the generation of Webmakers!
Saturday, 07 September
- MAKER PARTY: Brighton, UK: Two-Day Brighton Mini-Maker Faire weekend, with Make Things Do Stuff partners, running workshops for young people and adults! This is part of the month-long Brighton Digital Festival.
- MAKER PARTY: Toronto, Canada: Two-Day MaRS Energy Hackathon is calling on developers, designers, energy experts and budding entrepreneurs to create apps and hardware that make use of the Green Button Connect My Data open API and other sample datasets. The goal? Your brainchild will help consumers better understand, access and manage their electricity consumption.
- MAKER PARTY: Chicago, IL: Virtual United Webmaker Party is an online virtual party where our members will be taught the basics of webmaker.
Sunday, 08 September
- MAKER PARTY: Ishikawa Prefecture, Japan: Create A Website and get it live on the web! Andy will help participants with the technical details and teach how to do it.
- MAKER PARTY: Tamil Nadu, India: E-COMMERCE MEET'13 allows attendees, who are already familiar in webmaking, to conduct sessions about their experiences in the Industry as well as sessions on new technologies.
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Older Branch Work
No Audible: Firefox OS Performance team meeting (almost work week) happened in Toronto, Canada, last week. This is to bootstrap the performance work effort to ensure Firefox OS stay fast.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians!
Introducing New Hires
Introducing New Interns
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
Automation & Tools