- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of the Tree
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Product Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Corey Ford from the Platform Team, for his Intern Brownbag on Sticky Positioning in CSS. With 79,000 click-throughs to the the video since last Thursday, it is the most-watched video ever on Air Mozilla. (The previous record holder was Jay's FirefoxOS demo at MWC with 37,000 click-throughs). Don't let anyone tell you nobody watches Intern Brownbags!
Lawrence Mandel, Larissa Shapiro, and Mike Hoye for being outstanding Track Owners and working incredibly hard this past week to get everything set up for the Summit Supporting Session facilitators.
Monday, 16 September
Tuesday, 17 September
- W3C Advisory Board face-to-face meeting in Cambridge, MA
- MAKER PARTY: London, United Kingdom: Breaking Barriers brings 300 of the UK's new budding entrepreneurs to network and learn from experts in their field, to take away tools that they can use to grow their business. Or if they are a professional learn the tools to achieve the next level.
- MAKER PARTY: Highland, UT: Coder Dojo UT Highland - Sept 17 is a free and open learning opportunity to young people, especially in programming technology.
Wednesday, 18 September
- W3C Advisory Board face-to-face meeting in Cambridge, MA
- MAKER PARTY: Mountain View, CA: Coder Dojo Silicon Valley - Sept 18 will cover programming in Scratch 2.0 for beginners and intermediate level participants.
Thursday, 19 September
- 10:00 AM Pacific / 17:00 UTC: Grow Mozilla discussion -- a forum for discussing community building at Mozilla
- Agenda and dial-in information (feel free to add items to the agenda)
- MAKER PARTY: Kerala, India: This two-day Documenting Ecosystems Using Popcorn workshop, with MS Swaminathan Research Foundation, will document ecosystems like ponds, paddy fields, etc.
- MAKER PARTY: Tampa, FL: CoderDojo - Jan Platt Library is a free program brought to you by mentors who are tech startup founders from the area. These founding members of CoderDojo are gladly devoting their time and energy in the evenings on a workday so that children can understand the world around them a little better, and have a positive influence on society.
- MAKER PARTY: Tokyo, Japan: MozBus Launch! is the official launch a traveling educational camper van that will function as a science/maker lab, a point for wi-fi access in remote areas, a data-gathering device, and a generally fun vehicle for learning.
Friday, 20 September
- MAKER PARTY: Maharashtra, India: Webmaker at SIT will be a webmaker party for students at Sinhgad Institute of Technology.
Saturday, 21 September
- MAKER PARTY: Queens, NY: Two-Day Hive NYC Maker Party at World Maker Faire will offer digital and analog activities that are fun and engaging, like stop-motion animation, game design challenges, toy hacking, engineering missions and more! We'll also be using Mozilla Webmaker tools to remix and create webpages and online videos. Joining us for all this hands-on hacking include educators and mentors from Exposure Camp, Global Kids, Institute of Play, Iridescent Learning, Maker Education Initiative, MOUSE, Mozilla, Museum of the Moving Image, The New York City Writing Project, and others.
- MAKER PARTY: Toronto, ON, Canada: Two-Day Hive Toronto Maker Faire at Toronto Mini Maker Faire will give participants to get tactile with AMAZING homemade technology at Toronto Mini Maker Faire! For two days, innovators, artists and hackers from all over the GTA are leaving their garages to participate in Toronto’s greatest show and tell!
- MAKER PARTY: Pune, India: Design Like Wright: MozFair Pune will include - Sessions about Mozilla and Hive India - Hands-on with Webmaker tools - Open Source quiz - Formation of a Firefox Student Ambassadors club. - and lots of fun activities. The event aims at spreading awareness about the open web and webmaking with fun activities.
- MAKER PARTY: Chicago, IL: Design Like Wright: LEGO® Architects will Inspire your budding architects’ creativity at the Robie House as they use LEGOs to create a 3D model of their own floor plan design. A youth educator will facilitate the workshop, guiding participants on window and door placement as well as design concepts such as scale and proportion. Participants take home their floor plan design and receive a photo of their LEGO 3D model. 2 hours.
- MAKER PARTY: Rochester, NY: Software Freedom Day Rochester 2013 (Hack Jam) brings together local FOSS Community folks for a Celebration of Software Freedom! There will be hacking, installfests, food, design contests, prizes, and more!
- MAKER PARTY: Brighton, United Kingdom: Think Big Celebration Event event is a great opportunity to come along and celebrate all the amazing work that you have been doing so far and a chance for you to think even bigger.
Sunday, 22 September
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: toronto
- Release week!
- m-c bustage interfering with Aurora migration, but not to worry.
- App manager locked and loaded for FF26
- Firefox for Android work week in Toronto
- Brainstorming new roadmap features
- Strategy and vision planning
- Hacking on cool stuff
Older Branch Work
- Check out this inspiring Maker Party story about a Mozilla India community member teaching the web at Ansar Orphanage yesterday
- Got ideas on how we can help? Please have a look and get in touch with Rahman.
- ReMo Camp 2013 - Photos here
- Rep of the Month - Jaipradeesh Janarthanan
- Upcoming Council Elections
- Join Pierros & William for the brownbag to get familiar with Reps program - Monday 16th of September 22:00 UTC (15:00 PDT) on air.mozilla.org or in person in the SFO-Commons space (1st floor)
- Branch/migration in progress for b2g v1.2!
- Details in bug 913992
Speaker Location: San Francisco
Help us build a history of Mozilla told by Mozillians. Please share your memories about this Mozilla milestone:
- February 6, 2013: Mozilla named most trusted Internet company in privacy
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Kate Naszradi, William Reynolds, Dino Anderson (SF), Larissa Shapiro and Amie Tyrrel (MTV), Lawrence and Mike Hoye (Toronto)||Summit stuff||Weekly Summit updates||San Francisco||no||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Summit Agenda|
|Zandr Milewski||Airship Pilot||Campus Party Blimp Reel||San Francisco||Video played from SF||Blimp Reel
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians!
Introducing New Hires