- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Big thanks to add-on reviewer Teo, who rolled up his sleeves and reviewed 64 add-ons last week! The add-on review queue currently has a wait time of 3 weeks, so if you have an add-on in the queue and would like to help it move along, please apply to be an add-on reviewer! https://wiki.mozilla.org/Marketplace/Reviewers/Addons
- Big thanks to Rahid Hasan and Shafiul Azam for their superb help on developer landscape research for the Bangladesh market.
- Kudos to the whole French MDN community who finished the translation of our 139 pages about HTML last week-end! It is the first locale to achieve this. Special thanks to Jerémie who animated the MDN workshop and to Clarista who organized the Locasprint. Nothing would have been possible without them.
- Lots of upvotes to John Giannelos, Tasos Katsoulas, and Pierros Papadeas for continuing to improve Mozilla Moderator. It's gotten a lot of use recently with Town Hall meetings, and they have been hacking on it in their free time. The tool is a super way to organize topics for discussions that happen at scale. Thanks!
- A GIGANTIC thank you to all the members of the localization community who have worked so hard this month localizing the Australis onboarding tours for new and existing users plus the new Firefox desktop product pages on mozilla.org for the Australis launch tomorrow. We really appreciate all your help creating a great user experience for Australis!!!!
- A big THANK YOU to Michael Hung and the team at Mozilla Taipei for hosting a group of young Mandarin-speaking exchange students from the US, and for sharing Mozilla's mission, products, and passion with them. Check out the short video they created here: https://myfirefox.com.tw/videos/22159. If you will be in Northern California on Friday May 9th, and would be interested in sharing your knowledge about Mozilla with a team of ten year olds from Taipei, please email Pete Scanlon [firstname.lastname@example.org] with the subject line "Taipei student visit"
- Hugs to Mike Poessy and Richard Milewski for going above and beyond to make IT magic happen tomorrow.
- A huge thank you to the entire working group (60+), with a special shout out to the core group of about 12, who helped create our new, Global Wellness Initiative which will be announced today.
- Shout out to Chris Peterson, Lawrence Mandel, Annie Elliot, and Sean Rich or donating their time to help with the Removing Roadblocks to Productivity project.
- Props and more props to the 21 volunteer and staff Mozillians whose hard work, passion, collaboration, and flexbility made last week's MozCamp design session such a success!
Monday, 28 April
- One and Done Meeting 2:00-2:30pm PST Liz Vidyo Room full details and guest link on the wiki https://etherpad.mozilla.org/oneanddone-2014q2
Tuesday, 29 April
- Firefox (29) launches at 6:00am PT! (in case you hadn't heard).
- Infosecurity Europe, London, UK
- Europe's largest free-to-attend security event
- Simon Bennetts (Mozilla Security Team), panelist
- More info here
Wednesday, 30 April
Thursday, 01 May
- 10:00 AM Pacific / 17:00 UTC: Grow Mozilla discussion -- a forum for discussing community building at Mozilla
- Agenda and dial-in information (feel free to add items to the agenda)
- 12:00 PM noon Pacific / 19:00 UTC: Firefox Accounts and Sync in FF29 - a brownbag presentation describing Firefox Accounts and changes to the Sync setup process in Firefox 29. Live in San Francisco and on Air Mozilla.
Friday, 02 May
Saturday, 03 May
- Open Source Conference Albania (OSCAL), Tirana, Albania
- OSCAL is organized by Open Labs, a non-government non-profit organization, based in Albania, that aims to support and promote initiatives which provide tools that bring knowledge closer to those more in need.
- Brian King (speaker), Redon Skikuli (speaker), Elio Qoshi (workshop host)
- More info here
- Mozilla Family Open House - Mountain View office from 3:00pm PT - 9:00pm PT. Please note that this event is for local Bay Area-based Mozillians and the important people in their lives. It is not a public event. RSVP deadline is today at 12:00pm PT.
Sunday, 04 May
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: eeeeee (eeeeeee)
Speaker: Rosana Ardila, Location: San Francisco
New council members elected:
- Emma Irwin
- Gauthamraj Elango
- Arturo Martinez
Speaker Location: Update only
- Marketplace has passed a milestone - well over 1 million apps installed each month
- Over 700,000 unique visitors a month
- A special lighter-weight version of the Marketplace is being tested this week for pre-load on the Tarako device
Speaker Location: mjeffries, San Francisco
Conference Room Survey QR's Have Landed in SFO, MTV, LON! (Got feedback? give it to us!)
The conference room QR codes have been deployed to SFO, MTV, and LON. We should be finished by the end of this week. EUS wants to make sure your conference room experience is the best it can be, and giving us feedback is key.
Last week, the MOC on average resolved 87 events per day, with an average time to resolve of less than 2 hours. Got MOC issues? let us help you. If you need to reach the current oncall MOC member, you can see who that is in #IT on IRC.
NetOps is presently testing wireless improvements on the 7th floor of SFO which address wireless roaming issues for OS X machines. Results have been positive so far, and we'll keep you posted on our final observations.
Speaker Location: Oslo, Norway
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
Introducing New Hires