- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 4.1.1 Firefox
- 4.1.2 Platform
- 4.1.3 Cloud Services
- 4.1.4 Content Services
- 4.1.5 Messaging
- 4.1.6 Mobile
- 4.1.7 IT
- 4.1.8 Release Engineering
- 4.1.9 QA
- 4.1.10 Automation & Tools
- 4.1.11 Security
- 4.1.12 Engagement
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thanks to Atique Ahmed Ziad for reviewing Bengali app strings in Transifex for many outstanding apps.
- Thanks to Mozilla Hispano localizers who translated the latest Apps & Hacks newsletter--Hanna DeLuna and Pablo Bernardo (voylinux)
- Thanks to Andre Garzia for stepping up and offering to loan his Flame to a partner in Brazil.
- Thanks to :kohei (Kohei Yoshino) for all his help with bugs and other work on www.mozilla.org in January!
Monday, 09 February
- The biggest IT Expo of Bangladesh Digital World Bangladesh is happening from 9th to 12nd February. Local Community of Bangladesh is perticipating there with two booths representing Mozilla.
- Largest Software Expo of Bangladesh
- Code4Lib will be held at the Hilton Portland & Executive Tower in downtown Portland, OR on February 9th-12th.
- Selena Deckelmann (Keynote), Jennie Rose Halperin (Speaker)
- Code4Lib is a core community of developers and technologists for libraries, museums, and archives who have a strong commitment to open technologies. Each year, the Code4Lib conference helps revitalize the community as participants meet in person to discuss new and ongoing projects in a single-track format with 20-minute presentations and 5-minute lightning talks.
- DeveloperWeek is happening in SF this week! Full schedule here.
Tuesday, 10 February
- Quality and Automation community Call tomorrow. Come discuss projects you're working on and areas where you can get involved: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/Quality-Automation-Call-2015-02-10
- Chris Mills attending
- In his talk, Chris discusses the historic problems with web apps, and sheds light on new web platform features that are filling the holes. This includes device APIs such as Web Activities, Camera, device orientation and nfc, offline apps (which are finally looking realistic thanks to service workers), installable apps and more.
Wednesday, 11 February
- Watch mconley livehack on Firefox Desktop bugs on Air Mozilla! The first episode of "The Joy of Coding" starts at 1PM Eastern time. Using #livehacking on irc.mozilla.org as a backchannel. See this blog post for additional details.
- This Weds at 1pm ET, join some members of the Content Services team (Darren, Jason, Sean and Patrick) for a brown bag on Air Mozilla called "How Advertising Works". This is an hour-long discussion about how Advertising works in general and in the digital space.
Thursday, 12 February
- Bi-weekly app review meeting at 10am Pacific. Open to anyone who would like to discuss their app submission to Marketplace, or just learn more about the app review world. https://wiki.mozilla.org/Marketplace/Reviewers/Apps/Meetings
Friday, 13 February
Saturday, 14 February
Sunday, 15 February
The WebCompat Summit is happening on Wednesday February 18th at the Mountain View office. Ping email@example.com if you would like to participate!
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: Candice Serran in SF
2.2 Release - Current
- 2.2 Tracking Wiki
- Today = Start of final sprint 6. Targeting all remaining committed features to be landed by FL on 2/23
- Landed features such as L-porting & Copy/Paste
- Right-to-Left remaining and to be completed in this final sprint.
V3 - Next Release
- Kicked off in Dec 2014 in PDX
- Participants: FxOS team members, partners, contributors
- 36 Groups formed in ideation
- 270+ Mozillians participated
- 20 Facilitators
- 97 Total Submissions
- Current prioritization criteria focus:
- Mozilla Advantages
- Market Reality Check
- More to be shared in the coming weeks...
Speaker Location: Andrew Sliwinski, YVR (Remote)
- Updates to X-Ray Goggles
- Updates to Webmaker App
- India Field Research
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Dave Steer, Andrea Wood, Chris Riley, Michaela Smiley||Policy & Advocacy||Mozilla's Net Neutrality Campaign||SF||Yes||https://docs.google.com/a/mozillafoundation.org/presentation/d/19aoytPzzz8alV3n-nRypWSLFvKzjhPbYUQ1JAoq17YA/edit#slide=id.g7832e5195_038||http://mzl.la/1vdSBut|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Samael Wang||Bevis Tseng||(Recorded)||Taipei, Taiwan||Software Engineering|
|Jochai Ben-Avie||Chris Riley||San Francisco||San Francisco||Public Policy|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- This Weds at 1pm ET, join some members of the Content Services team for a brown bag on Air Mozilla called "How Advertising Works".
- Next week at the Project Call, Content Services will present data about Tiles and how they are amplifying the work of different teams here at Mozilla.
Automation & Tools
Notable changes to bugzilla.mozilla.org during the last week:
- bug 1045145 Users can now issue API Keys, and use them to authenticate with Bugzilla's API. This provides revokable password-less authenticate.