- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- http://air.mozilla.org/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 <meta>
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
- 3.1.1 Firefox
- 3.1.2 Platform
- 3.1.3 Cloud Services
- 3.1.4 Messaging
- 3.1.5 Mobile
- 3.1.6 IT
- 3.1.7 Release Engineering
- 3.1.8 QA
- 3.1.9 Engineering Productivity (Automation & Tools)
- 3.1.10 Security
- 3.1.11 Engagement
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thanks to Loïc Cuguen and Cédric Ravalec, co-founders of Phoxygen, for hosting another Firefox OS community meetup in Paris Office; yesterday's highlights were a description of Gaia's new architecture by Firefox OS' Julien Wajsberg, and a presentation around the Battery API's latest changes. William Quiviger also revealed everything about the excellent newest Firefox OS Community Website. And thanks a lot to Guillaume Canavaggio for staying late to record this for AirMo.
- The add-ons team would like to thank Larissa Shapiro for helping to wrangle signing and other big projects that impact our developer community the past few quarters. We offer her our best wishes and support as she steps into her new role as program manager for Diversity and Inclusion!
- Thanks to Lithopsian for helping developers in the add-on forums!
- Thanks to the outgoing Featured Add-ons Board, who selected all the add-ons featured on AMO in the past six months--Kailas, Balaji, Jithin, Gautam, and Jayakumar. And a big thanks to Michael Balazs, who provided leadership and guidance to the group!
Monday, 16 November
Tuesday, 17 November
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup Edinburgh & Malmö
Be a part of the open web with your own website.
Wednesday, 18 November
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup Two Year Anniversary Celebration!
Come celebrate two years of growing the independent open web!
Create or update your personal web site!
Share what you've gotten working, ask the experts questions.
Join a community with like-minded interests.
Bring friends that want a personal site!
Thursday, 19 November
- New Hire Privacy Training, 1pm PST, SF Golden Gate Bridge room
- Privacy Lab, SF Commons, 5-7pm PST. Topic is Tracking Protection. (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Privacy/Privacy_Lab)
- German-speaking community bi-weekly meeting, 9pm CET (8pm UTC, 12pm PT) AirMozilla, IRC: #deMeeting
- More info: De/Meetings.
Friday, 20 November
Saturday, 21 November
Sunday, 22 November
- Deadline for Dino Tank submissions extended to Nov 23rd. (Submission link available here:http://mozilladinotank.tumblr.com/mozlando)
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Firefox and Cloud Services
Speaker Location: Nick Nguyen, MV
- We have been busy shipping lots of stuff...
- MSE for YouTube
- Dev Edition - 1 million downloads, 500K users
- Windows 10 - first new OS launch we were prepared for
- 42 Campaign - Private Browsing with Tracking Protection on Desktop and Android
- iOS Browser global launch last week
- In the future...
- More cloudy goodness to tie together the growing Firefox Family
- Better tracking protection
- E10S! (Multiprocess Firefox)
- WebExtensions 1.0
- AwesomeBar with extra Awesome
- Sweeping out the dusty corners of Firefox - quality, onboarding
- Tell us what you'd want updates on in IRC. (mailing list to be created in near future for fx-updates, will post here in wiki)
- A more detailed roadmap
Web App Developer Initiative
Speaker Location: Bill Walker, SF
As part of our Q4 goals, the Web App Developer Initiative team have created a Firefox Platform Status app (codenamed platatus). The goals of this project are to (1) provide a Firefox-centric companion to chromestatus.com and dev.modern.ie; and (2) show how Service Worker and W3C app manifest can enrich and improve the web app experience.
November Moment in Time
Speaker Location: Peter Dolanjski, MV
Last week marked some critical milestones for Firefox OS:
- Firefox OS 2.5 branched
- Firefox OS Participation Hub launched
- Central place for contributors to get involved
- 12 Firefox OS builds available for Android devices
- Firefox OS 2.5 Developer Preview (aka B2GDroid) launched
- Experience Firefox OS on Android without having to flash hardware
- File bugs here
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
Introducing New Hires