- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- http://air.mozilla.org/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 <meta>
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
- 3.1.1 Firefox
- 3.1.2 Platform
- 3.1.3 Messaging
- 3.1.4 Mobile
- 3.1.5 IT
- 3.1.6 Connected Devices
- 3.1.7 Release Engineering
- 3.1.8 QA
- 3.1.9 Engineering Productivity (Automation & Tools)
- 3.1.10 Security
- 3.1.11 Engagement
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thanks to the Brazil Mozillians who contributed their time to staff Mozilla's booth at BrazilJS this past weekend. Also special shout-outs to staffers Helen Holmes, Mike Taylor, Michael Ellis who made the long journey south and to Tech Speakers Rabimba Karanjai, Gabriel Micko, and Andre Garzia for their support.
- Shout-outs to the crew at JSConf Iceland, which happened at the same time on the other side of the planet: Lin Clark and Dan Callahan for speaking, and Flaki and Andrzej Mazur for helping with a Progressive Web Apps workshop.
- Massive kudos to Tim Murray for patiently responding to all wild blog post comments on Now for the fun part.
Monday, 29 August
Tuesday, 30 August
- 10am Pacific - bi-weekly add-on community meeting
Wednesday, 31 August
Thursday, 01 September
10am PT / 1pm ET / 5pm UTC - Moz PDX + AirMo: Being Human in a Data-Filled World with Genevieve Bell, Intel
In May, Kevin Kelly shared the possibilities that technology will offer us over the next 30 years. Not addressed were some of the unintended consequences of this progress. Facebook Live, Snapchat and Pokemon Go provide a few examples of how tech is outpacing our ability to socially (and legally) master it. Innovation unchecked can pose serious challenges to our very humanity. Best practices for user research and focusing on specific use cases have limited impact on our ability to shape the future we want.
Join us in Portland and on AirMo for our Augtember speaker as we explore how to proactively preserve our humanity in a world that is increasingly digital. Specifically, we’ll learn about five things that don’t change and five things that do, and how paying close attention to them will help us be successful.
More details on the event and speaker at the Speaker Series wiki.
Friday, 02 September
Saturday, 03 September
Sunday, 04 September
Monday, Sept 5, is observed as a holiday in both the US & Canada
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Mark Surman and Katharina Borchert||Executive Director, Mozilla Foundation // Chief Innovation Officer, Mozilla Corporation||Mozilla's new advocacy campaign to reform EU copyright law||No||Slides||https://changecopyright.org|
|Larissa Shapiro||Outreachy Program Update||Thank you to our summer cohort - now seeking mentors for winter!||Mountain View||Not Sharing||N/A||http://wiki.mozilla.org/Outreachy and mentor application: https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdKlWihzArXyU3aNWZ4ZsNdRjPhzspI9MAEQLUiRA0_0wynIw/viewform|
|Potch||View Source MC!||View Source Berlin is two weeks away||Remember to get your tickets and share with your friends and colleagues. See you at View Source||MTV||No
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
Introducing New Hires
Introducing New Interns
A chance to hear from leadership at Mozilla, and have a short Q&A about a specific topic.
Sylvie Veilleux and Jeff Bryner, "Mozilla data classification - operating in the open while protecting sensitive data."
Have you ever wondered if you could share certain information with a contributor? Or perhaps you wanted to blog about something you are working on and weren't quite sure if you could? Come and chat with Sylvie Veilleux and Jeff Bryner about how the new data classification will help you be more open and where we are initially focusing the use of the new data classification.
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Data_Classification Public reference
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (non-voice updates)
Engineering Productivity (Automation & Tools)