- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- https://air.mozilla.org/channels/project-meeting/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 Fireside Chat
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thanks to @iamvp7 and @mte90net for their enthusiasm and input on "Build Your Own WebExtension Add-on for Firefox," a new activity for the Activate campaign!
- Huge thanks to Polish game developer & Mozilla Tech Speaker Andrzej Mazur aka end@r aka Captain Rogers for his support of Mozilla activities at GDC and around town last week.
- WebExtensions Triage
- 10:30am PST; ACE Vidyo Room
- No 'good first bugs' triage for the add-ons team this week.
- Join the add-ons team to discuss design-decision-needed WebExtensions APIs and WebExtensions Experiments!
- To submit a WebExtensions Experiment for discussion, please open an issue on the web-ext-experiments github repo.
Monday, 06 March
Tuesday, 07 March
- Mozilla Developer Roadshow presents Web Security is happening the evening of March 7th at the PDX office.
- Mozilla is partnering with Women Who Code Portland to present a web securities talks as part of the Developer Roadshow series.
Wednesday, 08 March
Wednesday, March 8th is International Women's Day! Stay tuned for an update!
- Weekly Bug Verification Day
- Mobile Redesign Testing Day for addons.mozilla.org
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup (nearly every Wednesday somewhere)
Be a part of the open web with your own website.
- Berlin (GERMANY),
Los Angeles (CA),
San Francisco (@MozSF commons hosted by Tantek)
- 17:30-18:30 Quiet Writing Hour, finish that blog post, wiki edit, etc.!
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup, demos, & hack night
- Berlin (GERMANY),
Create or update your personal web site!
Share what you've gotten working, ask the experts questions.
Join a community with like-minded interests.
Bring friends that want a personal site!
Thursday, 09 March
SUMO Social and Forum Support Day for Firefox 52: It would be a pleasure to have you on Thursday in joining.
- Sign up in the etherpad https://goo.gl/
- Sign up for a Support Forum account as a contributor:by registering and pinging guigs, vesper or madalina in irc #sumo to be added to the role as a SUMO Contributor. If you are a returning user, please reset your password for your old account, as the old password was not migrated.
- Social Support please stay tuned if you signed up, we are currently looking for new spots to open up. However in the meantime, check out the Twitter account and Mozilla Facebook pages to answer user questions.
Friday, 10 March
- Web Games Day is happening at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid on March 10th for the full day.
- This is a collaborative effort organized by Mozilla's DevRel team with the Mozilla Developer Roadshow team to include speakers and sessions for anyone who wants to build web games.
Saturday, 11 March
- Mozilla Developer Roadshow presents WebAssembly with MadridJS
- This evening speaker series, presented by our DevRel Advocate, Dan Callahan, will take place at the LifeRay offices in Mardid Spain.
Sunday, 12 March
- Wed. March 15 10am PT Moz SF + Air Mozilla: Building Habit-Forming Products (ethically)
Habits are behaviors that become regular, ongoing actions that don’t require thought or intention. Or, per Merriam-Webster, “an acquired mode of behavior that has become nearly or completely involuntary.”
Creating software that is habit-forming entails tapping into key human psychological drivers such as rewards, social validation and personal fulfillment. These drivers are at the foundation of developing experiences that drive product growth. Perhaps the biggest benefit is to software makers is significantly lower costs to acquire and maintain active users.
But what about the user? Is it manipulative to create habits for people so they can use your products without giving it a conscious thought? To “get in their heads” to ensure they use our software? Do we want people to use our products involuntarily?
Nir Eyal has built and invested in products reaching hundreds of millions of users including AdNectar, Product Hunt and EventBrite. He’ll draw on core psychological tenets to show how we can create products for users that are habit-forming. And he’ll show us how we can do this in a way that we feel good about - to “build the change we see.”
- Host: Chris More
- Questions: During the event join us on IRC #AirMozilla and direct questions to @diane
- Hashtag: #MozillaSpeakers
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Sierra Reed||Keep it social||International Women's Day||San Francisco||No||Super Special Slides||N/A|
|Valerie Casey||Open Innovation Team||Update on the Equal Rating Innovation Challenge||San Francisco||No||View slides||ERIC|
|Mike Hoye||I solve problems.||Engineering Onboarding, GSOC and Google I/O.||MoTo||no||no||-|
|Asa Dotzler||Firefox Roadmap||Firefox 52 Update||MTV||no||no||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Roadmap/Updates|
|Nate Weiner||Pocket Founder & CEO||Pocket update: week 1 & new Pocket betas coming for iOS and Android||Pocket office (SF remote)||No||No||Pocket Beta for iOS  and Android |
|Amy Tsay||Add-ons!||Helping developers transition and port to WebExtensions||MTV||no||no||Sign up to help|
|Mitchell Baker||Chairwoman||Mozilla's Worldview||MTV||no||View Slides||Sign up to get involved|
|Larissa Shapiro||D&I Lead||Outreachy June-August||Remote in Santa Cruz||No||Outreachy project list
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.