Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Square Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Upcoming Firefox Releases
- on track for release next Tuesday
- if you find blocker issues, please let us know ASAP
- when released, users with older versions of Flash will be warned!
- targeting mid-late October release
Firefox 3.0.13 -> 3.5.2 Major Update Offer
- 3.5.x users comprises ~35% of Firefox users now
- 3.5.x users might overtake 3.0.x users as early as next week
- 14,000 ADUs on Alpha 1
- 6,000 ADUs on Namaroka nightlies
- proposed schedule
- September 4 - shared code string freeze
- September 14 - string freeze
- September 21 - beta 1 code freeze
- September 29 - beta 1 delivery
- October 12 - rc1 code freeze
- October 20 - rc1 delivery
- early November - final release
- September 4 - string freeze
- September 14 - beta 4 code freeze
- September 18 - beta 4 delivery
- List of common issue bugs
- New bugs: bug 513958
- Some INVA bugs should consider blocklisting and FIXED bugs should consider getting back-ported to 1.9.1
- Suggestions for Firefox.Next to help users troubleshoot/get support
- lots of triage to be done, over 200 blockers
- we've determined that we can and will include Personas in Firefox 3.6
- Blair and Mossop are moving forward with alerting users to out of date plugins
- Dropping 10.4 support in mozilla-1.9.3
- 3.6 QA - Ongoing feature testing and planning
- Windows Mobile Alpha 3: 2 bugs left, rc2 build tomorrow
- Maemo Beta4 on track for week of 15th
- Ongoing bug verifications
- QMO project description and testplan revisions will be done by end of the week
- Meeting this week to start figuring out our overall wince/mo automation approach for build/talos/unittest
- Software update running smoothly on 1.9.2 builds. Have had no failures on Oban board
- Mapping BFT run failures to Bugs to make sure a bug is on file for every failure. Many of the failures reported were related to Drag and Drop, which is a known issue (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=502513)
- Tracking bug for Reftest Failures is Bug 513926
- Replacement Google Plugin coming down the pipe. bug 511017 has the updated plugin, which supports dynamic updates of the google query host so users aren't forced to go through G's GeoIP redirects every time. L10n groups need to review/test and ensure results are consistent with what's expected.
- Yahoo! has requested branding updates for its plugins, replacing the old and red y-bang with the new and purple y-bang. Bug will be filed, and it will require changes to the default plugin for the default and almost every localization.
- RelEng's latest version of the Partner Repack script supports 3.5 builds, correcting some difficulties with signing we ran into. (thanks, coop!)
- Opening discussions with Symantec's Norton product group for better communications between different product groups to better mitigate issues such as the Norton Toolbar/IPS incompatibility issues we've had to date with 3.5, and get inside contacts for similar issues.
- Build Your Own Browser pilot will be pushed live shortly, and will support a limited amount of customizations out of the gate (bookmarks, Personas, highlighting a Collection of recommended add-ons). Blog post coming later today, and we'll be looking to collect feedback on the app and the plans for it in the next two-three weeks.
- As always, don't forget to mark bugs that may impact developer documentation with the
dev-doc-neededkeyword. You can even do it before you have a patch; this lets us know to schedule time to work on your item when it does land. Isn't that nice?
- Plug-in Detector Page
- Austin, Les and Silverorange hacking away--front end scheduled for 9/7, back end for 9/16
- See schedule here: Website/Sprints/PluginProblem#Plug-In_Problem
- Bugs: 512787, 391433
- Firefox Update Education Page
- Firefox Update Content Mozilla.com Optimization
- Page implemented and to be pushed live today/tomorrow.
- Bugs: 512756, 509137, 512764, 512768
- Slater needs a contact on the Firefox team to talk about release details (for mozilla.com and beyond)
- Cww forgot to mention: We'll be documenting as many of the crashes on this page as possible tomorrow. Please join us in #sumo and help us!