Planning Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am PT, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Finch Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99696 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99696 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ProductCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Actions from Last Week
- 2 Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- 3 Feedback Summary
- 4 UX & User Research
- 5 Market Insights from the Product Marketing Strategy Team
- 6 Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
- 7 Questions, Comments, FYI
- 8 Actions this week
Actions from Last Week
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- FF23.0b6 Desktop shipped yesterday, b7 going to build tomorrow with new lion scrollbar fixes
- reminder: for week 1, week6: one desktop+mobile beta per week. For week2-5: two desktop betas and one mobile beta per week.
- Iteration #10 finished on Friday on July 12.
- Team completed 75 story points across 30 features which resulted in an increased average team velocity of 57 story points per iteration.
- Increase in average team velocity caused the Forecasted Date to Completion of Development to contract by 1 iteration to November 25.
- QA achieved 100% coverage on the Iteration #1 - #9 regression testing.
- Iteration #11 runs from July 15, 2013 - July 26, 2013
Bugzilla query error
Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in /var/www/wiki/core/extensions/Bugzilla/templates/error.tpl on line 5
- Dynamic URL Bar final blockers have fixes and are being uplifted to Aurora and Beta: bug 853986, bug 890006, bug 877602, bug 886576
- We are getting super close to turning SkiaGL ON for Android (one last bug)
- Guest Mode has a WIP patch (bug 871863) and a nice design on the project page
- First part of the Search/Add-on work for Settings landed (bug 892094). It moves the basic Search Engine list into the Settings.
UX & User Research
no update; madhava unable to attend
Market Insights from the Product Marketing Strategy Team
- Google scheduled an Android event on the 24th of July. Called "breakfast with Sundar Pichai", it is rumoured to reveal the Motorola device and / or an update to Android.
- The stable version of Chrome for Android introduced full screen browsing for tablets and will be rolling out the data compression services. http://chrome.blogspot.de/2013/07/more-multilingual-mobile-web.html
- Chrome beta for Android now features WebRTC.
- Google is de-emphasizing support for offline in the new Google Maps version, while Dropbox is emphasizing it and making offline access part of its focus.
- New numbers on China mobile penetration and a feature on the mobile revolution in Africa.
Marketing, Press & Public Reaction
- Firefox Says Hello To Web Audio API
- Mozilla’s Flash Player replacement looks impressive for both games and video
- The New Firefox Is Awesome—But That Won't Make It Relevant Again
- All Things Appy: Top 5 Humor Apps for Firefox
- Study Finds That Google Chrome Users Tend To Ignore Security Warnings
"It has been found that when compared to Mozilla Firefox users, Google Chrome users are more likely to proceed to said website in spite of being warned that it could be dangerous for their computer." - Tyler Lee, Ubergizmo