Right now the project is developing two products: the Add-on SDK and the Add-on Builder.
- The Add-on SDK is a locally-hosted development environment that allows you to easily build add-ons for Firefox.
- The Add-on Builder is an online development environment which allows you to create and store your add-ons using only your browser.
Developing Add-ons with the SDK and Builder
If you'd like to learn more about developing add-ons with the Add-on SDK or the Add-on Builder, please visit the Add-on Developer Hub. We've listed some extra resources for add-on developers below:
Participating in the Jetpack Project
Want to get involved?
- Go get the Add-on SDK Source Code
- Check out the Jetpack Ambassador Program
We have a weekly project meeting on Tuesdays @ 10:00am Pacific Time. To join in:
- In person: 2J-JK (Moz HQ - 2nd Floor)
- Online: Skype, "mozilla-jetpack" account, ping warner on the #jetpack IRC channel to join
- Alternative Call-in: 1-800-707-2533 - password 369 - conference room 347 (tell us on IRC if you need this option)
The Add-on Builder provides an online development environment for add-ons hosted in the browser