The MDN community meeting takes place in the #devmo channel on irc.mozilla.org at 10 AM PDT (17:00) UTC). See the meeting time in your time zone. It's open to anyone that would like to participate, so please feel free to join in!
- Other events
- Janet and Ali are still working on a plan for OHM. There might be sprint-ish activity, but will be separate from the July doc sprint.
- JSFoo India (19-20 Sept) - will be hosting doc sprints in India afterwards. Still in early planning stages.
- Mozilla Summit - we will have MDN presentations; stay tuned!
The Firefox OS UX team needs help with editorial review and copy editing of a new off-MDN site for UX information for Firefox OS developers. If you'd like to help, let Sheppy know!
- Font Awesome support. We will primarily use this in macros, so please don't start slapping icons in all your articles!
- Now using these icons in Kuma UI elements
- Using these icons in the ObsoleteBadge, DeprecatedBadge, ExperimentalBadge, and NonStandardBadge macros; you can see them in action on the Web APIs index page.
- YouTube video embedding button in the toolbar
- User banning
- Upgraded ACE editor for macro editing
- New syntax highlighter: Prism
- Elastic Search getting ever closer to launch (development)
- Infrastructure for creating "teams" and managing their permissions (development)
- Page/subtree watching (research/design)
- Banning users by IP address (research/design)
- Bogus slug collision errors (selected)
- Start work on supporting content hosted off MDN (selected)
Today we will finally do our first triage of
dev-doc-needed bugs. See the list of bugs we'll triage. We'll likely iterate on the definition of that bugzilla query over time. For now, it should include any bugs that have the
dev-doc-needed keyword and were either created or changed in the last two weeks.
We will go through these bugs and discuss what their doc needs are and file doc request bugs as needed.
- Doc request form: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/form.doc
Note: Unfortunately, due to a scheduling conflict, Sheppy couldn't run triage today. We will start next time. Now that we have the bugzilla query set up, should be easy!