Read the IRC log of the meeting.
The MDN community meeting takes place in the #mdn channel on irc.mozilla.org at:
- 6 AM PDT (13:00 UTC). See the meeting time in your time zone.
Since lots of people lurk in #mdn, if you're actively attending the meeting please speak up and introduce yourself.
- Attending: jswisher, Sheppy, fscholz, teoli, Jeremie
What are you working on?
Please share recent accomplishments, and goals you have for the next few weeks.
- Updates from staff team
- Update from Sebastian
- A lot of MDN activity is tracked on the MDN Content Team Trello board
- Sheppy is reviewing Chris's Push API docs.
Is there anything keeping you from making progress?
- (Sebastian) Jean-Yves wants to get rid of HTML4/5 related badges before HTML element pages can use tables instead of links (bug 1214589)
- (Sebastian) Need info from Jeremie about whether to store attributes below SVG elements in the SVG DB (bug 1212826)
Please share documentation bugs that need work, or other things where you need short-term help.
- (Janet) Any more thoughts about improving the Localization projects page? Respond to this discussion thread or email Janet directly. Please respond by the end of this week (Friday 2015-10-23).
- (Sebastian) People could help with bug 1214589 mentioned above. Contact Jean-Yves before doing so; he can show you what type of changes need to be done, and on what elements. It involves both removing the badges and updating the spec table to show what changed in HTML5 vs. HTML4.
- Janet will look into using Jeremie's IRCBot for future meetings
Anything else we need to discuss synchronously?
- (Jeremie) Would it be interesting to use the IRC Bot I created for the learning Area to records the minutes of this meeting?
- Should this time slot be tied to UTC, or US Pacific? The next meeting at this time slot is on November 18. The time could be either 13:00 UTC/05:00 Pacific, or 14:00 UTC/06:00 Pacific.
- Decision: This time slot will be pegged to 13:00 UTC; the "other" time slot will be pegged to 10:00 PT.
- General note: Next week is "time zone confusion week", because Europe changes clocks backward on 2015-10-25, but the US and Canada changes them on 2015-11-01. See this list of upcoming clock changes. Check all meeting times carefully, and use a tool like Time Zone Converter or worldtimebuddy.
- Who will moderate the next meeting?